We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spokane, Washington
4 posts
Save Topic
Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

My husband and I will be in Anaheim for 6 days but would like to do it on a budget, and would love to get advice on places to eat that are less expensive. ($5-$10 a plate) Thank you!!=)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,506 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

here are some good threads on that subject

especially look at replies 6,7,9,10

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k318606…

and in this thread see reply #3 for some good discounts right next to disneyland on harbor blvd.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k300965…

some good places i like that are inexpensive inside disneyland park would be the corndog cart at the end of mainstreet, as well as there are also just hot dogs and chips at the refreshment corner cafe also at the end of main street. and there are the bengal bbq, and in california adventure park at the pacific warf cafe they have huge good sandwiches that two people can easily share, they also offer a very in expensive breakfast in the morning.

and across the street from the disneyland main entrance the quizznos is very good and inexpensive.

here are the current menus and prices for dining inside disneyland (if you click on the restaurant) so you can see how much things cost

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm#dl

here is a map for you that shows hotels in the disneyland area as well as close restaurants just across the street that would be inexpensive

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

if you also need help finding somewhere inexpensive to stay, let us know your budget and your dates of travel so we can help you find something.

the disneyland main entrance is on harbor blvd where it says east shuttle area on the map.

depending on when you are going, disneyland may even be offering a special on tickets they sometimes have them available online only at disneyland.com for example a 6 day parkhopper for the price of a 3 day parkhopper.

Edited: 02 May 2011, 03:04
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,856 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

Mousesavers is a good site too, I'd check the Orange County Register and the OC Weekly.

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlmeals.html

http://www.ocregister.com/sections/life/food/

…ocweekly.com/orange-county/…

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,813 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

A good idea would be to stay someplace where breakfast is included. Some places have continental breakfast. Residence Inn Main Gate has full breakfasts and some even meals. They also have kitchens and a shopping service (no charge). You could consider making sandwiches to take into the parks with you or to take on a day out. You could also just consider a room with a small fridge and microwave.

There is a McDonald's on Harbor Blvd. across from Disneyland Resort and there you can get chicken wraps for under $2 each. Some McDonald's have sodas for $1 or $1.50. Of course, you always save money everyplace by asking for a complimentary cup of water. (Including Disneyland.)

Consider sharing meals. Then instead of spending $10 each, you can get a nicer meal for $15 and share and stll come out ahead since it would work out as $7.50 each. Portions are usually big enough for two. This works out good inside the parks. For places outside the park you might even have something left over to take back to the hotel fridge for later.

Disneyland has big turkey legs and I hear they are just $7 each. At the Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian Hotel in Disneyland Resort they have a yummy Nebraska Corn Soup for around $7 a good sized bowl and complimentary bread. Add a 15% tip onto that for table service. It is a reall nice place to eat too.

If you find a Subway Sub you can get a footlong sub for $5 made to order. I hear Quiznos is good too.

A fried chicken meal at Mrs. Knott's in the Knott's Resort iis definitely big enough to share and if you order all white meat you get too huge breasts. There is potatoes and gravy, corn, soup or salad, and lots of biscutts (as with most breads you can ask for more if you eat all during your meal.) That would be less than $20 for one meal that can be shared - so less than $10 each for two people. A 15% tip on top of that, though.

Edited: 02 May 2011, 05:55
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

There is a strip mall at the corner of Harbor and Katella. There is a Subway, Mexican, pizza and Chinese quick serve. They are all reasonably priced.

Inside the parks you can buy meals from $8 to $15 per plate on average. If you are not huge eaters there are some places you could share and maybe add a side salad or fruit plate. We like to snack so I often share a plate with someone because I know I will have a Dole Whip or cinnamon crisps. To save money you can take enough food for each of you in to the park. We took Subway and Del Taco (odd combo I know) in last time, our own bottles of water and some cookies.

There is a variety of fast food in the area too.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

If you have a car, skip that McDonald's across from the park, it is more expensive than most McDonald's. They don't have much of a $ menu. There are others close by with the $ menu if you are interested we can tell you where.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
95 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

I don't want to hijack the original post, but I was also wondering about cheap eats.

I'm interested in more of "street food" such as food carts, and they don't have to be really close to Disney as we have a car.

Anyone have any food carts they can recommend?

I'm sure there are some awesome "lonchera's" that locals frequent!

Alberta
Level Contributor
657 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

There was a shop on Main Street with excellent coffee. They told me to come anytime that day with my receipt, and coffee would be free.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,813 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

I assume Main Street means Main Street USA in Disneyland. That shop may be the Market House half way up Main Street. There are some carts inside Disneyland. Basically they sell food approved and sold by the Disney company at prices determined by them - turkey legs, corn dogs, churros.. Disneyland Resort parks also have fruit carts and fruit is expensive. Better to bring in an apple or banana from a hotel breakfast.

I have never heard of any "loncheras" on Anaheim and would not be surprised if there is a city ordinance against street vendors selling food there. You might find some in LA.

Edited: 02 May 2011, 21:20
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

You can find food trucks all over but you need to know where to look.

Maybe the most famous is the Pink Truck always at Main and Cubbon in Santa Ana. Twitter.com/AlebrijesTaco

Kogi's is another popular truck. Check their website for where they will on any given day www.kogibbq.com. They have several trucks and 2 are usually in Orange County. Short rib sliders and tacos are amazing.

Crepes Bonaparte (which was on the Great Food Truck Challenge) is often in Orange County. www.crepesbonaparte.com

Not a truck but a stand in Old Town Orange is Bruxie's. It is waffles with different fillings/toppings. Not just desserts types but burgers or fried chicken. www.bruxie.com

Maybe someone will know the name because I cannot remember it, it is a Spanish food truck. It was fantastic, oh my gosh I wish I could remember the name so I could find out where they will be!

Hole in the wall Mexican food, El Toro Bravo in Costa Mesa. The best carnitas and they make their own chips, tortillas, etc.

I don't think anyone mentioned In n Out (burgers and fries) which is hugely popular and cheap.

Edited: 03 May 2011, 03:18
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inexpensive places to eat around Anaheim?

Redlands, "loncheras" have been around for generations. They are common at construction sites. In Santa Ana, there are many in the downtown area.

Here's a few: …kcrw.com/goodfood/…

ocweekly.com/2011-03-03/…

Edited: 03 May 2011, 07:51