We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vnacouver,BC
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

After many years I am finally taking my children ( 17 and 20yrs) to Disneyland. We are going March 26-April 1. I have narrowed it down (thanks to all of you and your input and reviews) to the following hotels (pls keep in mind that $$ is a strong consideration) ;

1. Ramada Plaza - 3 beds and a good price

2. Howard Johnson - Great Reviews

3. Anaheim Islander Inn - 3 beds - good $$

4. Carousel Inn - Good $$ - Good Reviews

5. Anaheim Carriage - Good Reviews - Good $$

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreicated.

Thx a Bunch !!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

no meaning to confuse you even more, but have u considered the anabella hotel? its a great location and not too pricey, i took my 15yr old and 18 yr old there a couple of weeks ago.

Vnacouver,BC
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

Thank you for info NZ...I did consider it but could not get a decent rate for this establishment for the time period we are going.

Washington
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

I have stayed at the Carousel Inn & it is decent. Breakfast is very simple and our room was decently clean. We asked for a top floor room & ended up with a view of the parks, it was nice. If you are wanting to use a pool, it's almost non-existent here. We are considering staying at the Howard Johnson in May & I have 2 friends who have stayed there & would stay again, they say it's very clean & have a couple of pools which they used daily for a break from the park. I went on mousesavers.com & found a great rate when I linked through their website.

Good luck!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
23,991 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

The Carousel has a good reputation.........Walt Disney Travel has been having some really great specials lately-call your travel agent and check them out!

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

I would stay at the Carousel, in fact I am yet again in June. It is right across the street from the main entrance on Harbor. There is plenty of food near by as well. The other hotels are a little further down the strip. I go down there a couple of times a year and would only ever stay at the Candy Cane, Anaheim Fairfield, or Carousel for budget purposes.

Stay away from any of the Ramadas. They are pretty unsavory. The Howard Johnson and Anahem Carriage are further down Harbor Blvd. and you would want to catch the ARC bus (for $3.00 per person per day) to get to these places.

Have a great time at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Lisa

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

I like HOJOs, we have stayed there twice and have been very happy. It usually has very good rates. The only downside is they have no onsite restaurant and it is one of the further hotels to walk. The ART shuttle works well though.

Mimi's Cafe is across the street and has delicious food for all meals.

They also sometimes offer an entertainment book rate which could save some dollars. You don't need an anaheim book and just use your local one.

I have no hesitation in recommending it.

BC CANADA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

Hi there.

My family is going to D-LAND in April-May for 10 days and we have booked rooms at the Anaheim Islander Inn for $59.99 @ night for a standard room with 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa. It has free parking, free breakfast and a pool. It is located within walking distance of D-Land. My bro-in-law has stayed there many times and has stayed there each time. CAll the hotel directly to get this rate. They are soooo nice on the phone. Check their website!!

Good Luck and have fun!

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
56 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

After making several different reservations i have finally decided upon the Days Inn (the NEW one) on Harbor...NOT the one at 1111 but the other one...i read many reviews, still accidentally booked the wrong one...finally got in the right place. I got a rm for $59 with 2 queens, so pretty good..and the reviews for this one are all pretty positive. It's tough to decide...since reviews are so subjective and some people really hate places while others really love them! guess its all a chance! Good luck...

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

Sue:

The new Days Inn is nice. I was there in May and we had a really nice stay there. Just be aware that it is too far to walk to Disney from it. But the ARC picks up in front of the Clarion, so that's good.

It was very quiet and well kept.

Have a nice trip!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We need your Help - Please vote for your favorite Hotel!!

Hands down, we vote for #4 The Carousel Inn. Its so close to the Parks. Not expensive. The continental breakfast is great: fruit, muffins, danishes, oatmeal, toast, juice, coffee and tea. Rooms, though basic, had everything we needed, including a microwave and fridge. Very nice having the sink/vanity outside of the tub/toilet so everyone could be getting ready at the same time. Very close to other amenities, including restaurants and a small grocery store. We will stay there again, ourselves!