We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Malibu to Disney This Friday Morning...how much time

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Topic
Driving Malibu to Disney This Friday Morning...how much time

I know to never ever look at anything in miles when driving in California. We are in Malibu for a wedding and are taking Friday for a fun day at Disneyland.

You people are the experts. Do I get up early and make the drive or do I wait until 9 or 10 to start the drive?

What is your suggested route and estimated time?

I thank you in advance as I appreciate the work you all do on TA...Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Malibu
Malibu
California
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,506 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Malibu to Disney This Friday Morning...how much time

just be aware, this friday will be quite busy at disneyland especially after the locals get off work to visit, since its the starting day of halloweentime at disneyland.

i would go as early as possible, that first few hours after opening time is the least crowded at disneyland.

im sure someone else will post to give you distances ect, but i think you are looking at about a 2 hour drive with traffic.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Malibu to Disney This Friday Morning...how much time

Thank you Happytotrip, appreciate your insight :)

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
318 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Malibu to Disney This Friday Morning...how much time

I agree. You can get lucky and get there in about 1.5 hours, but it'll probably be closer to 2-2.5 hours with traffic. Get on as many rides as you can in the morning because starting around 4pm the locals with their annual passes start arriving.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,506 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving Malibu to Disney This Friday Morning...how much time

yes, i should have mentioned, friday sept 16 is the starting day of halloweentime, and the locals will be there after work to see the halloween attractions.

so i would go as early as possible, as morning will be the only quiet time you will have.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving Malibu to Disney This Friday Morning...how much time

Note that there is road work being performed on Pacific Coast Highway closer to Santa Monica that will impact your drive. So allow a bit of extra time to go through there.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
6. Re: Driving Malibu to Disney This Friday Morning...how much time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 20:17