We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
zanzibar
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

I want to go for both Disney Parks on the same day i want to buy the ticket for that. Do you know any cupon Etc,? or i will save time with the tickets line and buy tickets now?

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

Unfortunately, there are no coupons available for Disney Parks and Disney does not discount one day tickets weather purchased in advance or at the ticketbooth. Some employers in Southern California have discounted tickets for employees. If you would like to purchase on line in advance, you can do that and print out an "e-ticket" that you show at the turnstile. You will be given an actual ticket at the turnstile when you give them the "e-ticket ". There is no extra charge for purchasing on line.

If you don't need to worry about taking many other important things such as airplane tickets, that may make remembering to take the tickets easier. In your case, you are going so soon that you could probably print out the ticket and put in your wallet or wife's purse to remember and they won't be n the way. (That plan will work as long as your wife doesn't decide to take a different purse.)

It doesn't take long to purchase tickets at the ticket booths, though, if you go in the morning before going into the park.

Edited: 12 September 2011, 02:07
2. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 September 2011, 16:05
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

Okay, regulars are going to jump all over that last post. E Bay is NOT a good place to buy Disneyland Resort Park tickets, or for that matter tickets to other So Cal attractions. Too many scams.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

I've done it so many times over the past 3 years, I've lost count, including 2 parties for 10 and 20 people - so long as you stay with the reputable companies, there isn't a problem. Unless you've tried it, don't knock it.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

I know people who have done the ebay route also and it worked. However, it is a risk and I am sure frowned upon by DL. I don't know that it is a good idea for a foreign tourist though.

OP, if you are in the area the day before you go to the park, go buy your ticket so you can skip the ticket line in the AM. The lines to buy tickets can be long, it depends on how busy the park is and what time you arrive. You can also buy the tickets online and go right to the gate.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

Well, sometime in the near future, it won't be an issue, as Disneyland will be switching to a Finger Scan system, and will mostly eliminate the transfer of "Non-Transferable" tickets.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28211486/detail.html

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

I'm sorry to be blunt, but it really fries me each time someone gets on here and leads a traveler astray (especially a newcomer) for whatever reason with the simple and tempting thought of "it works for me, I do it all the time". Wolfit has basically four days to work out all the pieces of a vacation to someplace he has never been and is not going to benefit from anything but spot on advice. He doesn't need to "try" something to see if it works!

Edited: 12 September 2011, 06:07
Chinchilla...
Level Contributor
403 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

i have to agree with the posts buy your ticket online print it out then take it to a real person at the turnstyle who will exchange it for a real ticket its not worth tears and heartache if it doesnt work for you.. ebay is not a real choice for buying tickets sorry but i do agree with Red whoe heartedly on this as well ..

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,780 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

According to Disney, you can not resell tickets. Worse case is that you "purchase" a ticket and it is no good, already used up or Disney won't let you in.

Encouraging someone to purchase tickets that could be worthless is not nice. How does someone KNOW who the reputable companies are? Sorry Meadowlark, not good advice. Hopefully YOU won't get caught in a scam!

zanzibar
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: why not to buy tickets before i come to disney?

Thnaks.

if i buy a ticket on line for both parks.... what is the name of it?

and do i still need to wait in the long line to the ticket office to switch it to real ticket ?

the AAA wond give me nothing?