We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Bayou Closed?

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Bayou Closed?

I have read on other topics here on the forum that say the Blue Bayou is closed for refurbishment starting in March. Does anyone know for how long and does that include the Pirates of the Caribiean ride as well. Our trip is booked for May 19th thru the 26th and would hate to miss these!!

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Bayou Closed?

It is not due to open back up until June 24th. They are adding some things to the ride.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Bayou Closed?

Yesterday was the last day of operation of both the Blue Bayou and the Pirates of the Carribean ride.

It now looks like they will reopen on Sunday June 25th to the public.

They are doing some serious repairs, plus adding features to the attraction to have it match up more to the movies, including adding Captian Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) in a few scenes.

Sorry, but there is no chance of it being open in May.

Level Contributor
36,339 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Bayou Closed?

This is great info, I planned one of our trips to DL around the opening of the Pirates and the Blue Bayou. Our last visit in Nov., we were happy campers, riding the Pirates and dining at a water table at the Blue Bayou. It's such a great ride and looks like now it will be even better than ever when it re-opens in June. :)

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Bayou Closed?

I noticed that Pirates was closed when I was at DL on March 8th. Fortunately, I had read here on this forum that the ride would be closed so it was no surprise. The Haunted Mansion was also closed for refubishment.

Spring Valley, CA
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Bayou Closed?

That's too bad-love both. Have fond memories of lunch at the Blue Bayou,& my 14 year old daughter getting "mooned" by some teenage boys from a boat on the pirate ride.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Bayou Closed?

Disneyland.com has been updated, and now it looks like Monday, June 26th will be the first day that both Pirates and the Blue Bayou will re-open to park guests.

Get answers to your questions about Anaheim