We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Candy Cane Inn

High River, Alberta
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Candy Cane Inn

Hi All!

We are a family of 5 who are booked to stay at the Candy Cane Inn in April 2006 in a Premium (Deluxe) room. We have been reading alot of reviews of this hotel and are worried that the size of the rooms will not be appropriate for the size of our family. Has anyone stayed at this hotel with a family of 2 adults, and 3 children (pre-teen)?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Candy Cane Inn

I would also be interested as we are two families of five staying in the Candy Cane deluxe rooms (not standard but not premium either). We will have two children sharing one of the beds and the baby in a cot.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
469 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Candy Cane Inn

Our family stayed in a deluxe room last year, bigger than a standard and (I think) same size as premium. There were only four of us, but I did imagine how it would be with 5 as someone had asked us to check whether we thought it would be okay for their family of 5.

They have since stayed there and found it fine. Not a huge amount of spare space but adequate, remembering you are on holiday,and it's only for a limited time. Most people plan on spending very little time in their hotel room anyway, especially when visiting DL.

Hope this helps.

West Lawn...
Level Contributor
160 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Candy Cane Inn

We are thinking about staying at the Candy Cane Inn because its closer than the Anaheim Travelodge, where we stayed last time. Is the Candy Cane Inn directly across the street from the entrance to Disneyland? If it is I would assume I dont need to buy an Anaheim Resort Transportation pass?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
469 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Candy Cane Inn

Not across the road, but on the same side as entrance. You won't need a pass, as you can walk it in about 7 minutes, or the CCI has their own shuttles if you don't wish to walk.

California
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Candy Cane Inn

truthfully, your going to be pretty tight in there with 5 people...you might consider getting one of their premium rooms but I dont know how much that will help...

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Candy Cane Inn

A couple of nice choices directly across from the entrance that should be able to accomodate your family of 5 include the Best Western Park Place Inn, the Park Inn, and (a touch further away) the Fairfield Inn. The Fairfield's rooms weren't huge, but where most hotels would have a table and chairs, they have a small pull-out sofa bed that would work for your smallest kid.

I think in any of these hotels, you would need to plan on 2 of your kids to share a queen sized bed.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Candy Cane Inn

I stay at the Candy Cane everytime I travel to Anaheim, last time I was with my parents, my sister and her boyfriend and we all stayed in a deluxe room. Although it was a little tight, we managed.

The place itself is awesome, I love it so much, and keep in mind, if you're going to Anaheim to visit Disneyland (why else would you be there right?), you probably aren't going to spend much time in your room other than to sleep and get ready for your day at Disney.

Hope this helps out some!

High River, Alberta
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Candy Cane Inn

Thanks everyone for your responses! I feel a bit more at ease after reading some of your comments, as you stated exactly what I was already thinking --- i.e.>how much time will we be staying in our room anyway? and how small are these rooms?... so small that we will be pushing each other aside to get past??. lol. Hopefully we agree with your positive comments once we arrive at the CCI.

Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Candy Cane Inn

Stayed here with a family of five. Had no problem with size. You just need to be organized. Had older child sleep on ground and toddler sleep in bed with other sibling. This way we had no crib/cot to deal with and childs blankets just folded up easy and put aside. A room is what you make it and how you organize it. Trust me we had plenty of space with what we had. Leave extra stuff in the back of your vehicle if you need to and take advantage of dresser drawers and you will be fine. Plan on going there again this summer with five. No worries.