We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

perth
Level Contributor
83 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Hi

my husband and I are taking our 3 children to LA/San Diego/Vegas/San Fran in April 2012.

I am trying to work out what are good value tickets or passes to get so we can do Disneyland, Universal Studio and tour of LA (Rodeo Dr, Beverley Hills and so forth)

And in San Diego, we want to go to Seaworld and Legoland.

Any shows suitable to watch when in Las Vegas? Booked at the Luxor. Kids ages : 11, 12 and 14yrs.

We also would like to visit Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park and then on to San Fran for about 5 days.

We will be hiring a car from Anaheim.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,100 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

How many days do you have for this trip? To do all you want to do and see would require at least 3 weeks!

For San Diego to LA theme parks and attractions www.citypass.com/southern-california

perth
Level Contributor
83 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes we have exactly 3 weeks for our trip.

Thank you for the suggested website for San Diego to LA. Will have a look at it.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,100 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Legoland may be too young for your older kids, my son loved it until 12/13 years old. On the other hand, my husband and I love that place!

Plan on 2 nights in the Grand Canyon area.

perth
Level Contributor
83 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Thanks for that tip. I just had a look at the Southern California City pass, that is very good value for entrance to 4 major attractions. I will be purchasing that i think and just purchase Legoland tickets on its own.

We get in from Australia on 1st April at 2.45pm LA time. Havent thought about how to get to hotel (booke at Cortona Inn and Suites) from LAX.

Should we just hop on a shuttle?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,726 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Hello supergroovymum,

Be sure to also post questions in the various city forums you are thinking of visiting so they can better help you with an itinerary ect.

You can also just type in a question in the Seach box in the middle of each forum page, and you can see past threads that may have info on what you are looking for, or of course you can ask here on the forums as well.

The Mousesavers website is a good resource for you, it lists current discounts on attractions for you and can compare multi-park tickets( such as the Socal City Pass mentioned) for you to see what may be best for you to purchase.

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherparks.html

You should be aware of a few things,

First, the time period you are planning for your visit is a very busy time at Disneyland, as the Full week before Easter Sunday which is April 8 for 2012 most secondary and elementary Schools in the U.S. take that week off for a Spring Break.

And, the Cortona Inn is not as well rated and not in close walking distance to Disneyland, its about a 20 min walk.

It is however on the Art Shuttle route which goes from Disneyland to alot of Area Hotels multiple times per day for a small fee per person.

http://www.rideart.org/

You can stay directly across the street from the Disneyland Main Entrance and easily just walk across the street to Disneyland in a few minutes.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located, the Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Here are the transportation options to Disneyland,

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-s301/Anaheim:C…

You should be aware that there is a closer airport to Disneyland than LAX, which is the SNA Airport and some people prefer it because its smaller and much closer to Disneyland (about 15 miles)

Edited: 29 January 2012, 02:41
perth
Level Contributor
83 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Hi happytotrip

thank you so much for all your suggestions/advice. We will look into those websites.

Cheers

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,726 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Your welcome,

You should also be aware Australian and New Zealand residents can purchase a special 14 day Disneyland Pass that is about the same cost as a regular 5 day Disneyland Parkhopper

The Pass is available right now through a Travel Agent in those areas such as Flight Centre.

perth
Level Contributor
83 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Thanks happytotrip. I didnt know that. Will look into it.

Can I also ask if you can point me in the right direction in terms of shopping for clothes and shoes....I have two daughters 12 & 14yrs old. they are hanging out to buy stuff like VANS shoes and clothes.

Cheers

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

VANS.. The Outlets at Orange has a VANS Skate park... (near Disneyland).

http://www.vans.com/

ANd FYI, Huntington Beach will be getting a new VANS Skate Park next to Bella Terra Shopping Mall soon.

Edited: 29 January 2012, 04:41
perth
Level Contributor
83 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to buy best value tickets to theme parks/tours for LA?

Hi Darkbeer,

thank you so much for the info....my daughters are thrilled!!!

Cheers