We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

Hi we are looking at doing a couple of the Character dining breakfast's when we come over in April ,

Was looking at the Minnie and friends at the Plaza Inn and was woundering just how early we could get in , we will have already used our Magic Morning pass on a previous day, So do we have to wait till the regular entry time or can we get to the restuarant earlier , before the rope drop.

Also I have read that if we show our reciept from didning at the Storytellers cafe for breakfast, we can enter the park earlier , is this still possible

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,506 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

No, my understanding is there is no early entry for Charater Meal Dining on Magic Morning days, Charater Meals start after the Parks regular opening time..

However disneyland park usually opens the main street area only which is roped off until regular opening time, about 30 min before regular opening time.

Not sure what you are really talking about with showing your receipt at Disneyland to get in earlier, Magic Morning is for people staying at one of the Disneyland owned Hotels who must show thier room key, and for guest that have a Magic Morning included in thier 3 day and above Parkhopper ticket.

You may be confusing showing a recipt for entry with people who have reported they were able to Eat, or shop at the Grand Californian Hotel, and then been able to show the reciept at the Private Entrance into California Adventure Park for the Grand Californian Hotel and be allowed to enter into the Park( with a valid DisneylandTicket as well of course) but no early entry.

You might also want to look at the Mousesavers website which shows what discounts are available for the Charater Meal breakfasts.

www.mousesavers.com/dlmeals.html#mealvouchers

Edited: 07 February 2012, 21:25
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

Sorry should have clarified I was talking about an early entrance into DCA in my second question.

I had read that Disnayland resort guests get a 30 min jump on the public through the Grand Californian's exclusive entrance ( into DCA ). You usually have to show your room key , but a same-day reciept from a restaurant or store was also exceptable . So if we were to a character breakfast we could do this.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,506 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

There is no Magic Morning hours for California Adventure Park only Disneyland Park

As im aware, they have limited those who can go through the Grand Californian's private entrance to California Adventure Park before the Park opens to regular guests, to those that stay at one of the Disney owned Hotel only, as the reason a small area of the park is opened early is for those that need to get the World of Color Fastpass which is located at the Grizzley River Run Fastpass area

The rest of the Park does not open till regular opening hours for everyone.

Edited: 08 February 2012, 02:32
Calgary
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

I did the 'early entrance to DCA' last August. I heard that all you need is a receipt, so I bought a couple bottles of water on my way, showed my receipt and I was in!

I heard that a purchase makes you a 'guest' of the hotel.

All I can say is that it worked, crazy easy. Walked in, got the WOC fast passes all in about 20 seconds, then watched as the runners from the main entrance sprinted for the FPs.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,506 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

calgarytroy,

Its likely they let you in at the time when anyone can go into that area of the Park 30 min before regular Park opening time.

You can also do that from the Main Entrance to California Adventure Park since they allow people into that area where the Grizzley River Run Fastpass area is to pick up a WOC Fastpass 30 min before regular opening time.

Guests staying at one of the Disneyland Hotels are allowed in 1 hour before regular opening time to pick up Fastpasses, and my understanding is they are very strict now with who can go in during that time from the Private entrance.

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

Hmmm....that could be.

I don't recall the exact timing.

I do remember everyone else showing room keys, then they asked me and I showed the receipt, and they said - fine -

but it wasn't super busy, just a slow trickle of people strolling in thru the hotel.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,506 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

We had a while ago people being able to to go in earlier with a reciept when guests of the Disneyland Hotels were able to go in for the WOC Fastpass.

We have had a few reports since then that it is no longer possible with a receipt at the earliest time ( 1 hour before opening) when only Hotel guests can go in.

That being said, it certainly couldnt hurt anything to try that option, the worst thing that can happen is they will say no...... i just wouldnt expect that its a for sure thing.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

Hi there

We did Minnie's breakfast last August on an early entry day. We were allowed in before normal opening hours because we had a booking at the Plaza Inn. Breakfasts can be booked as early in the morning as the early entry gates are open.

It was great walking through Main St with no-one else round. All the early entry people had run off to do the rides!!

Have fun

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,506 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

aussiesharon12,

Hmmm,.... when i talked directly with a Disneyland representative about this i was told there were not Charater Breakfast times available before the regular opening time on Magic Morning days.

Was your Scheduled breakfast time before regular opening time? or was it at regular opening time since sometimes a Castmember will allow you to go into the Plaza Inn area a little beforehand if you tell them you have an Charater Breakfast there.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Character Dining in the park on a Magic Morning

My apologies!

Just read back on a post I posted on this forum before we left. Our booking was for 8.10am with a regular opening of 8am. I believe ( from my terrible memory! ) that we were allowed in before 8am due to it being Magic Morning, therefore walking through when it was very quiet.

Sorry to give you an incorrect answer.