We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

Hi

What is the easiest way to get to the above 2 places from Howard Johnson.

Keen to do some shopping right away.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

Without a car, the easiest way is by cab.

From memory (we have had a car the last few years) we needed to catch 2 buses to get to Anaheim Plaza and I think it is the same for MainPlace

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

Anaheim Plaza is a multi-bus trip... why do you want to go? If you want a Super Walmart, look at the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe instead, a new Super Walmart is there, a large Target, Costco, a Sprouts Farmer's Market (Focus on Natural Food) grocery store, plus lots of discount stores, including the Disney Character Warehouse, which is an outlet store for Disney Parks stuff. Also a new Sketchers Outlet Store and much more.

Take Route 43 North, that goes up and down Harbor Blvd about every 15 minutes. It is about a 3 mile trip, or 20 minutes on the bus each way.

To get to the Westfield Main Place Mall, that is also easy by bus. Just head to the Main Disneyland Public Bus stop, which is under the Monorail Tracks on Harbor Blvd. Route 83 south and about 20 minutes will get you to the Main Place Mall (also nearby other malls, the Discovery Science Center Museum, and the Bowers Museum and Kidseum. On the way back, ask the driver to take you to HoJo's, which is where they get to take their break. (It is optional, but if you are nice, they normally will do it).

I also recommend you look at this "Top Question" here at TA for other easy to get to Shopping areas...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c168883/Anahei…

Anaheim, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

Hi there! We recommend taking a taxi or one of our town cars to Main Place Mall or the Anaheim Plaza. These run directly to the shopping centers, and our front desk staff will be happy to call either one of these to pick you up from our hotel. If you are comfortable taking the public bus, Darkbeer has great advice; it is cheaper than the car, but it might be a little longer to get there.

Hope this helps!

-Kriss

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

First off, let me make it clear, I am NOT an employee of TripAdvisor...

But let me give you a bit of advice, Kriss... You could get in trouble, as the requirements of a company representive is to place a simple statement of your affliation (even though your "handle" is fairly clear).. Signing off as Kriss from HoJoAnaheim would make the TA folks happier...

Full rules are at this link.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Anaheim, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

Thanks Darkbeer, I will sign off as Kriss from HojoAnaheim from now on.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

FYI, the ART Shuttle system will be adding two new routes shortly, one, route 18, will head to Buena Park area (but IMHO, the LA Metro Route 460 runs more often and the route is shorter, so the better option).

And route 19, which will go to the Main Place Mall and other nearby Santa Ana destinations (I presume Discovery Science Center and the Bowers), but I have not seen the final route maps yet. Once again, the OCTA Route 83 will run more often (Both routes 18 and 19 are scheduled for just once an hour).

And to Kriss, every post I have seen from you has stayed with TA guidelines (IMHO), with the main issue being "self promotion" (a big no-no). Answering questions is encouraged.... and is appreciated, sometimes going to the source is the best answer!

Alberta
Level Contributor
657 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

Last year we took Darkbeer's advice and caught the #83 to MainPlace and back. I rarely use public transportation at home, mainly due to poor service during non rush hour where I live, so I'm spoiled by driving everywhere. However I have no problem at all hopping on public transportation when I'm in Anaheim. I see no reason to rent a car when there is fantastic transportation from the airport and my hotel is across the street from Disneyland, someone else can deal with the traffic. I sit back, enjoy the ride, look out the window; the driver or a passenger have always been helpful in letting me know where I'm to get off.

8. Re: Howard Johnson to Westfield and Anaheim Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:15