We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

I know, strange question. But we are staying in Anaheim in July (from Australia) and my teenage daughter wants to stock up on MAC makeup which is difficult and expensive to find in Australia. Does anyone know where these can be bought closeby to Disneyland?? Are they readuly available in department stores??Hope to hear from you,cheers.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

Yup...first three malls I would look into is the Mainplace Mall in Orange (easy to get to by public transportation from the Disneyland area) , the Brea Mall (also easy, although a bit longer to get to, on public buses) and the South Coast Plaza, the largest and most upscale mall we have in these parts . There's a shuttle that runs from the DL hotels to that mall daily. Those are the shopping centers I'd look into first for MAC stuff around the Disneyland area. They're not exactly close-by, but definitely reachable even without a car.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

Do a Google search for: m.a.c. cosmetics anaheim. Chuck...

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

Nordstrom Main Place in Santa Ana is the closest.

You might first stop into Sephora in Downtown Disney, perhaps she will discover an alternative.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

I regularly buy MAC cosmetics at Macy's and Nordstroms. South Coast Plaza has both a Macy's and Nordstrom, plus a stand alone MAC store.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,986 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

I'll throw in that Two Faced cosmetics rival M.A.C. and can be bought at Sephora in DownTown Disney. South Coast Plaza is such a treat for fashion lovers (and has more than M.A.C. of course). Any Macy's has a great selection of M.A.C. (there are M.A.C. items we can't live without, of course!)

But if your daughter hasn't been in a Sephora, she must go. The Sephora brand sells out so quickly at Downtown Disney, because it is so well priced and so good for the price.

There's a stand along M.A.C. store near Hollywood and Highland if you decide to go up there to see the Walk of Fame (and the Max Factor museum). Otherwise, a girl could spend a good couple of hours at Sephora in Downtown Disney and discover cosmetics that will be serious long term favorites.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

I am glad you got some good answers. I am just an "easy breezy Cover Girl" and know nothing about MAC. : )

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

If you need a little "nudge" to get your daughter to try Sephora...tell her they also have a store smack dab in the middle of the Champs Elysees, so she will be "tres chic" on three Continents :))

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

MAC is amazingly cheap in the US.

So are all other brands.

Macy's and Nordstrom sell the more expensive brands, like MAC and Estee Lauder... all really cheap - some a third of the price at home.

If you go to a CVS pharmacy, you can stock up on cheaper brands, like Revlon, Cover Girl etc.

We stocked up on lip liners, eye liners, powders, even brushes (you can buy packs of 5 or 6) ... whether its expensive or cheap, they're all the same ... I only use the expensive foundations, but the cheaper liners etc.

Have a look at prices on their websites.

www.cvs.com

www.macys.com

Girls just gotta have fun .. and you will.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

Yes, Sephora is actually a French company. I've been to the store at the The Carrousel du Louvre Shopping Center at the Louvre Museum in Paris. I do like some of the Sephora products. They've certainly become more mainstream with mini-stores now located inside of JC Penneys.

Edited: 24 March 2012, 16:26
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Attention ladies-M.A.C. Cosmetics

WOW, great responses everyone. i will try out Sephora, but MAC seems the go. Look forward to some serious retail therapy. you have all helped out heaps and have saved us valuable time, thank you.