We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland for family with 16 mo. baby, rides okay?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland for family with 16 mo. baby, rides okay?

I have freinds from out of the country visiting California, and I am recommending they visit Disneyland. They have a 16 mo. old baby. Granted, the baby is too young to appreciate, but I tell my freinds, adults have a fantastic time too. But, is it possible to take a 16 mo. old baby on rides like smallworld, haunted mansion, pirates of the caribbean, Enchanted Tiki Room, Finding Nemo Submarine, Peter Pan's Flight, rides like that? I don't have kids, so I would be not too good at knowing what's approprite and what's not regarding rides with a 16 mo. baby. (Yes, I do know that the fast rides would not be possible, it's the slow rides I am wondering about.)

So I was wondering, should I still recommend to my friends to visit Disney, and would their child be okay on some of the mentioned rides? Thanks so much for your advice.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland for family with 16 mo. baby, rides okay?

Yes, those are all fine. Casey Jr., Buzz, Pooh, Alice, Pinnochio, Story Book, Tarzan, Dumbo also are fine. There are several at DCA plus shows for little kids too.

Ceres, California
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland for family with 16 mo. baby, rides okay?

Absolutely, my daughter was 16 months the first time she went to disneyland/CA adventure and she had a blast! It also depends on the child and their personality though because some of the rides are a little scarey. I know my daughter didn't cry but was freaked out by the dark rides in fantasyland like snow white and pinnocchio. Even at 2 1/2 she went on a couple of times but it still kind of scared her a little. They would definetely want a stroller for the baby to nap in. Among the other rides meantioned mickey's toon town is a favorite play area among little ones, theres the tea cups, astro blasters, astro orbitors. I would take a baby to CA Adventure too. They have disney junior live which little ones LOVE, a monsters inc ride, and muppets 3d (all favorites of my 16 month old). They also have another area with rides that are good for little ones and a play parade thats fun. Redwood creek trail (I think thats the name) was a big favorite because its almost like a little park and the little ones can escape and play for a little bit (I especially liked it when it was getting dark bcuz it wasn't crowded). The other big thing is the characters (if their baby isn't scared of them) meeting characters was always one of my daughters favorite things to do. They'd often do that all day if you'd let them lol. Beyond the rides the baby can do the parents can switch off and take turns going on the bigger rides in the parks and they would be able to use single rider lines where offered and shorten their wait times. Anyways, yes I would take a child that age if they're going to be in the area anyways.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,544 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland for family with 16 mo. baby, rides okay?

You are right, swdke,

Disneyland is set up for families to enjoy themselves together, so there would be many rides they could go on together.

The Disneyland.com website lists the rides and attractions that are suitable for all ages and there are quite a few.

Here is more info on taking babies to Disneyland which should be helpful to your friends.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c4552/Anaheim:…

Most of the Fantasyland rides that are indoors (aka Dark rides) as said are a little too intense for very small children, so depending on the child, your friends could try one of those rides such as Peter Pans flight to see how they do, but most dont like the louder noise and jerky movements imo

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland for family with 16 mo. baby, rides okay?

Snow White and Mr. Toad skip for sure. Pinnochio and PP were favorites at that age.

5. Re: Disneyland for family with 16 mo. baby, rides okay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2013, 10:24