We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Of Color Picnic Packs

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stanwood, WA
Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
World Of Color Picnic Packs

I have been waiting for the 30 days prior to arrival to go by so I could buy the picnic packs and get preferred standing tickets but I have been looking every day this past week and there have been no dates posted for June. I am not picky on which days for the first 2 weeks but even if I log on real early in the morning there are no dates showing for the whole month. Is the summer "blacked out" for these picnic pack specials or am I missing something ???

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,486 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

The Picnic Meals are just offered on dates when Disneyland decides to offer them, dates dont automatically show up 30 days out sometimes, so the short answer is, youll just have to wait and see whats posted.

The Calendar for part of June is showing up on the Disneyland.com calendar, and they are showing time for the World of Color during the first few weeks of June.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

Disney California Adventure park is also closed on June 14th to prepare for the opening of Cars Land .

We purchased our picnics once we got there a few days before , so we knew what the weather was going to be like on the night ( of coarse I managed to chooce the one night the weather forecast got it wrong and...... it rained )

But I thought the picnics were worth it , no need to line up for fast passes , picked them up in the evening , more than enough food for the average adult.

Stanwood, WA
Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

Thank you for your info. I will keep checking the site daily and maybe we'll get lucky before we go. We are taking our two grand kids from Alaska, ages 11 and 13, and when I told them we were going to Disneyland and asked them if they were excited, the 13 year old said, "gramma, we don't even know what Disneyland is". After 13 days in California, they will know what they've been missing!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

I just wanted to add that the picnic meals just get you regular World of Color Fastpasses. You would need to do one of the sit down restaurant dining packages to get into the preferred section. They recently changed the viewing area setup for World of Color and combined some of the viewing areas. I would recommend getting in line to enter the viewing area a little earlier than most websites recommend because of this change.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,486 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

You should also be aware, that if you picked up a Fastpass at the World of Color Fastpass area early, many of those first group of passes are in the better areas for viewing as well without purchasing a meal.

In case you dont allready have the info, here is a good webpage that explains the World of Color options for you. However, i believe in June? that Ariels Grotto will no longer offer a World of Color dining option.

mouseplanet.com/9336/MousePlanets_Guide_to_t…

Stanwood, WA
Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

Thanks for the info. I just read the mouseplanet.com link and hope to be able to remember it all in the grand spectrum of the whole experience. It is also my husband and my first time @ Disney so it won't be just our grand kids with the "WOW" factor expression on their faces.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

We had a picnic package in April at spring break and got the yellow section fast passes for viewing ( the first colour to be distributed by the fast pass machines ) And were able to get fairly good front section viewing about 30 min before the 1st show.

I think the $65 for 4 picnic packs was worth the price , the food was very nice and the time saved in not having to line up early in the morning for the first group fastpasses was great ( more ride time )

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,486 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

Actually unless they have changed things since Ive been there a few months ago, the first Fastpasses distributed at the WOC Fastpass area were the for the Blue area, and quite good seats. Ive been able to get those twice now by just going early. As well as other areas that were better viewing area than the picnic area.

Stanwood, WA
Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

Doin' the happy dance! Disney just opened up the first seven days of June for picnic packs and we are all over it! I was happy to go early to the fastpass line and try our chances but this way we'll have a pass and it includes our lunch for that day! Yay! 24 days and we're all Disney bound!

10. Re: World Of Color Picnic Packs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:18