We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
657 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

Has anyone used the shuttle to the outlets? I don't want to rent a car as I'm not use to the volume of traffic and I would be travelling alone.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

Hi there Cdar,

There is a shuttle bus that runs to the outlets but only on Wednesdays & Saturdays. It can be booked at the Anaheim Visitors Centre, and includes a free shuttle pick up from your Anaheim Hotel.

The shuttle itself is quite basic. The on board service is pretty neat, they give you shoe sizing charts etc which would greatly benefit international travelers and you have a guide.

Hope this helps..

2. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 16:44
Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

I would not go all the way out there. The Outlets at Orange, 15 minutes away and easily accessible by bus are fine.

Alberta
Level Contributor
657 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

Hey Jeremy, I was at the Outlets at Orange a year ago. The were great for my teenagers, but not so much for me. I have been to Desert Hills, but again there are only a certain number of stores that interest me; so maybe Orange is the best choice as its easiest to get to and is on my time table. I prefer the department stores so will visit Main Place and South Coast Plaza.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

How about Ontario Mills? I'ts only about 45 mins away, I'm not sure about tours from Anaheim though sorry, they advertise one on their website from LA.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,798 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

The Outlets at Orange have changed drastically in the last 12 months. I am not sure it was even the Outlets at Orange at that time. It was the Block at Orange before and I am pretty sure it has been less than 12 months since they changed their focus.

It is owned by the same people who the Ontario Mills and the Desert Hills Premium Outlets.

You might want to recheck the site for the stores they have now.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

That's great news scottca, I haven't been there since 2010 and they were still the block at orange, and yeh not a huge range.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

The Outlets at Orange are GREAT! And please -- Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks Off Fifth and Nordstrom Rack are hardly teen stores. I'm a middle-aged professional and I buy almost all of my clothes there. Check the directory on the web site: www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1236

If I were here on vacation, I would not want to waste a whole day and money going out to the Desert Outlets, especially in 100 degree heat. I occasionally stop at Desert Hills when I'm returning from the Palm Springs area. Invariably I am disappointed. There are very few stores that appeal to me that are not in Orange and I think there is a lot more inferior "outlet merchandise" that is for outlets only and not really from the brands' main stock.

If you are such an outlet fan that you want to hit more than one -- Either drive or take the train to the Carlsbad Outlets, where the weather is much more comfortable in the summer, and the nearby village of Carlsbad is actually scenic and has decent restaurants. It is actually 10 miles closer to Anaheim than Desert Hills, 65 miles south. Carlsbad Outlets has about as many stores as Cabazon Desert Hills and many say there is more quality merchandise.

Edited: 27 May 2012, 21:30
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,798 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

I think cdar was there before all those stores came in. I can see where someone would have felt that way about The Block, which is why I think Simon changed the focus of the mall.

New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Desert Hills Outlets - Shopping Tour?

you can download a free coupon book that is redeemable at the Desert Hills Center as well as centers nationwide at www.efactoryoutlets.com