We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photopass

BRISBANE
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Photopass

Hi......does anyone know the current price of the Photopass at Disneyland. Also, just would like to confirm there are not restrictions on the amount of photos you can take?

Thanks,

Paul

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photopass

Hi Paul.

I don't know the price now, but you can have as many photos as you can get. We were there last year and stalked as many photo pass cm's as we could. I also looked on the web and found out where they do special photos. We probably only got about 60 over our 6 days, but did the usual ones (in front of the castle etc) a few times to make sure we got some good ones. Once you purchase the pass, you can go online and add borders, Mickeys etc, and these extras will be included on the disk. We ordered our disk about 8 days before we left the US, and it was waiting for us when we got home.

They are usually great photos.

Have a great trip.

Sharon

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photopass

Just so that its clear. There is no charge to have your photos taken and added to the PhotoPass. Once you get home (or to your hotel), you set up a User ID and password on the PhotoPass website and attach the PhotoPass card IDs to your account. There is no charge to view your photos online. If you choose to purchase a complete CD of photos, the current cost is $169.95. Of course, there will be lots of other options for purchasing including downloading the photos to your PC or purchasing individual photos.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photopass

If you only have photos from Disneyland the cost is $59.95 , the price ntz4bbl quoted was for the Disney World Photo pass , international postage is $14.95 for the c.d. disk to be posted to you if you wish after you leave Anaheim, there is a store within Disneyland where you can do all it there and get you c.d.

There is no restriction on how many photos you have the cost is the same, but they can only put 300 photos onto each disc.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
370 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photopass

Another brilliant concept! Our PhotoPass shots are some of the best ones, because we are ALL in each photo! Now I take a pretty bad photo on a good day, but even I came up OK.

They don't all come out perfect, but well worth considering if you want a more professional photograph.

BRISBANE
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photopass

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photopass

OK... this sounds great especially as all family members will be in the shot... usually it's ME taking the photo!

Where do you get this pass from though? Do I need to go to some booth or shop in Disneyland when I arrive? Do I pay for the pass on the spot or do you get it, have the photos taken and then you're charged from the photos you choose from the website??? I'm a little confused about how it works?!

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photopass

Hi again Feliss. How's the countdown going??

The basic photopass is easy to use. The first time you find a photopass photographer, you ask for a photopass card. They will give this to you and take your photos. Each time you see a photographer, you just hand them the card and they scan the card for the photos they've taken.

You don't pay for the card upfront, you only pay if you want to buy the photos. You can go online and look at them, I think even share them through email and Facebook, before you pay. We went on, edited them (borders, special pictures, zoom and crop etc) then ordered the CD to be sent home. Th CD includes all of the photos taken, as well as the edited ones.

Just a recent update. They now have the Photopass Plus card, which you need to pre-purchase for best price. It is the same cost as the normal Photopass, but you are now able to add ride photos and character meal photos (which you can't with the normal Photopass card). You also get the physical photo package at the meals as part of the cost.

I have written more in a thread here on Tripadvisor. You can look under my name to see the posts. Let me know if you need more info.

Sharon.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photopass

Hi aussiesharon :)

Let me just check my countdown app... 75days, 9hours & 30minutes!!

Thanks for clarifying that. I've checked your other posts and have found the Disney PhotoPass+ Given we plan on dining at a couple of those locations AND going on the rides of course, $69.95 sounds extremely reasonable!!

It says that it takes 14 days for your pack to arrive... do you know if there's an expiration?? Would it be OK for me to order it in the next couple of weeks for our trip in September??

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photopass

I've read that it doesn't expire. I'm tempted to order mine now in case prices go up or they decide to charge postage to Aus, but think 11 months might be a bit too far ahead!!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Photopass

Im going in September and ordered mine a few days ago :)