We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastpass for the later World of Color show

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
327 reviews
Save Topic
Fastpass for the later World of Color show

I am intending to take the family to Disney California Adventure on Friday 6 JJuly, but want to watch the later World of Color show at 10:15pm. I was told that I can't specify which show I want a fastpass for, as the fastpasses are issued for the 9pm show until they run out, then the 10:15pm show. I really don't want the earlier show passes. Rather than being in line for a fastpass first thing in the morning, what time should I turn up at the FP issuing machine at Disney California Adventure's Grizzly River, to try and ensure a well located fastpass for the later showing of World of Color?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastpass for the later World of Color show

I would reccomend ordering the " World of Color Picnic packs" if you realy want to specify the show you want ,

no need to hang around and queue up for ageswasting valueable ride time, just to get a fast pass, Fast passes come with the picnic box and they are the same ones you would get if you were at the front of the fast pass line

…go.com/disneys-california-adventure/…

Edited: 18 June 2012, 13:29
Ceres, California
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastpass for the later World of Color show

I had this same problem when we were just there, we decided we wanted the 1015 show but wasnt sure how to do it. We got there 1st thing in the morning the line was really long but it was all for the earlier show. I walked up to a guy who was a disney employee standing by the line but he wasnt a regular cm he was dressed nice and i learned he was in charge of all of that. Anyways i asked him what i could do to ensure we got good tickets to the 1015 showing and he kept asking if i was sure it had to be that showing. After repeatedly telling him i was he asked how many in my group and went and got some tickets. He said that he doesnt advertise that he can do this because its a pain but he can hand write tickets for the later show. He said the machine he would need to allow people to choose costs a ton of money. After giving me our tickets he turned around and did the same for another family so i think its just a matter of showing up and asking someone in charge, most people dont take the time to ask.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,560 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastpass for the later World of Color show

Regular Fastpasses for WOC can be in very good areas when they are first starting to be given out its usually in the Blue area first which is a better viewing area. Then it goes to lesser areas.

Since your going at a busy time for Disneyland you may just want to hang around that area and check with them about every 30 min. to see when they are distributing the later Fastpass if you dont get the other options mentioned.

They open the Fastpass area only at the Grizzley River Run Fastpass area (also for WOC) about 30 min before regular opening time for California Adventure Park

New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastpass for the later World of Color show

Thanks Ree-NYC. My understanding is that if I pre-order a picnic box online, the FP will be for the first show, and if I buy the picnic box in person on the day, the FP will be for the second show.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastpass for the later World of Color show

Thanks jhanken89. This is great information to know, as I don't want to hang around for ages waiting, when the morning is the best time to get getting on rides before the queues get really long

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastpass for the later World of Color show

You can select either WOC show time with the picnic. When you go online to book the picnic you pick the meal you want and 1st or 2nd show. I think this is is an easy way to deal with getting FP tickets, you need to eat!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fastpass for the later World of Color show

You can choose your selected day, time of show and meal , no need to hang around checking back ever 30 mins to see if maybe the fast pass machines have switched over to the later show ,

You can also pick the boxes up from mid day if you wish, to eat them for lunch, the food is very nice for the price , enough for the average adult .

It realy is a fast and simple system with no need to waste precious ride time in a queue

8. Re: Fastpass for the later World of Color show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:40