We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

Hi, I am thinking of taking my 13 & 9 year old sons to this breakfast (they want to go) but I am worried they are too old and will feel out of place. My question is to anyone that has been and could tell me if there were older kids there or just little ones.

Edited: 27 June 2012, 01:48
melbourne
Level Contributor
4,112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

Sophie, we took our 10 1/2 and 8 year old boys last year, and they loved it. They will not feel out of it at all. It's so nice to see all the characters there, chat with them, and get photos and cuddles. They weren't so keen on most of the characters in the park because they had already seen them at the breakfast. We did stop a few times for photos, but probably because I wanted the Photopass photos! There are also adults with no kids that go to the breakfast, so it's not unusual.

Do you know about the Photopass Plus card that you can get before you leave? It includes all of your Photopass photos in the park, but you can now add ride photos and character breakfast photo packages for the same price. I believe you also get the printed photos from the breakfast included. We did the normal Photopass last year, but didn't buy any ride or breakfast photos because of the extra cost.

Hope this helps, Sharon

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

When i see plenty of adults walking all around Disneyland with huge Goofy Ears ect. i doubt anyone feels "out of Place" at Disneyland or at any of the Charater meals. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

I would reccomend doing Goofys Kitchen if you want to do a character breakfast , espcialy with older kids.

We had a booking for Minnies , but after looking over the fence at what was on offer my boys ( 13 &9 ) decided that it did not look good and after doing Goofys they probably had high expectations. Juice box and milk carton drinks , basic out door seating with everyone walking past and also taking photos looking through the fence, compaired to more of a restaurant atmosphere , and the prices are about the same .

We had an early booking at Goofys and had heaps of characters come around to our table for a visit , also let them know if you have a special occasion to celebrate , my hubby mentioned that my birthday was in a few day time and I got a birthday cupcake and the staff sang me Happy Birthday, it was alot of fun

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,488 posts
5,363 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

Couples go to this as well - its breakfast, its fun, and its Disneyland -

(Families go to - but its fun for all).

Disneyland - The happiest place on earth.

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

Minnie's b'fast is great! Your boys will love it. It typically has more characters than the others. You can sit indoors or outdoors. We usually pick outside.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

Minnie and friends is not all outdoor seating. We sat inside and it was a gorgeous heritage looking restaurant. The food was ok. The kids loved having Coke for breakfast, bacon, Mickey waffles etc. I'm sure Goofeys is good too, I hear the food is better. But, I also hears that Minnie's has a lot more characters. We probably had about 10 different characters, and some came back multiple times.

We will probably try Goofeys or Surfs Up next time, but only because we've already done Minnie's.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

Thanks everyone, I think we will do it, it sounds like fun & will also save time lining up for photos with the charcters in the park.

Hi aussiesharon, no I dont know about the photopass plus card. Is there a limit to the amout of photos you are allowed? It sounds like a great idea! We also did the normal photopass last time we were there (2010) but only bought a couple of photos as they were expensive. It would be good to have photos with the 3 of us in them as its usually me taking photos of the boys :)

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

Sophie, I read about Photopass plus on the Disboards. I think it is $69.95 and you need to pre-order it or it's $99.95 in the parks. It's like the normal Photopass, but you can add the ride photos and the character meal photos to it as well. I think the character meal photo packages are around $30, and the ride photos $15?

We bought the CD last year, and it was great, but to add those extra photos for no extra cost, is a bargain I think.

If you google 'Photopass plus Disboards', you find heaps of info and the link to buy it. I believe postage is also free, even to Aus. Another bargain!!

Let me know if you have trouble finding the info.

Sharon

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

I can only find a site (disneyphotopass.com) and it says the cd is $169.95 and that I cant order it unless I have a valid photopass ID?

Most of the information im finding is for Disneyworld.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Minnie and Friends Breakfast for older kids.

SophieT1,

Heres more info about the Photopass from the Mousesavers website which may help explain how things work.

www.mousesavers.com/otherdl.html#photopass

Edited: 27 June 2012, 04:59