We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

We will be hiring a car on our last day in Anaheim and rather than hire a booster seat for our 6 yo ($75) I'd rather buy one from something like a Kmart or Walmart. Does anyone know if one of these stores is close by? We are staying at the Desert Inn

Thanks in advance

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

Check this page out - www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/stores.htm

We walked to Kmart and Target from the Ramada Maingate.

2. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2012, 22:07
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,889 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

Traget would be my pick over Walmart or Kmart,

The nearest Target is Harbor Blvd and Chapman Ave.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

If you head north from Disneyland on Harbor, you get to the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe in about 3 miles. This area has lots of shops, including a Super Walmart, a Target, a COSTCO (need a membership) Market, a Disney Parks Outlet Store (DIsney's Character Warehouse), a Sketchers Outlet Shoe Store, plenty of places to eat, like In-n-Out Burger and much more.

To get there without a car is easy, OCTA Route 43 runs up and own Harbor Blvd much of the day in about 15 minute intervals. So maybe the bus up ($1.50 per adult one way) and then a taxi back to bring your shopping back to the Hotel.

FYI, Walmart would more than likely have slightly lower prices than Target.

www.octa.net

5. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2012, 00:35
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

You can also go online and order and get it delivered to your hotel. We have done it with Walmart and they had a shipping special of 99c. I haven't done it with Target but I assume they have something similar :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

I just checked Walmart and they have booster seats from $14.94 delivered to zip code 92802 (Desert Inn & Suites)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, think I'll order online just before we leave and have it sent to the hotel!

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

On line ordering is a great suggestion but you might also check with the hotel and see if by chance they might have one they can lend you. Many people like you purchase them and then leave them behind. You'd be surprised what some hotels have on hand.

Australia
Level Contributor
475 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walmart...Kmart or an alternative!

Cool, great thread!!

We have two children and will need to hire two car seats for 8 days.

I think it will be cheaper to purchase one!

C