We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasmic or color of the world

Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Fantasmic or color of the world

Family of 4 (2 boys age 6 and 7) will be visiting Disney/C, Adventure for 1 day - will get 1 day hopper.

For the evening show, just want to find out which is a better show.

Is there any way we can fit in both shows in 1 night??

If we watch Fastasmic and fireworks first, then walk over to watch 2nd show of color of the world. Do you think I have enough time to do this or there will be too many people and hard to get out of Disney and into DA again for that?

If not possible to watch both show, which one should I do?

Thanks,

Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

I forgot to mention that we will be visiting 1 st of August.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,544 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

Just so your aware, there is so much to see and do in both Park usually a 2 or 3 day Parkhopper is suggested. No way to see all of both Parks in 1 day especially in busy August time.

Both shows are somewhat similar with World of Color being more Water show based. And Fantasmic being more Charater based.

Fantasmic show is about 25 min long and has times for Aug 1 of 9pm and10:30pm

World of Color is also about 25 min long and has times of 9pm and 10:15pm.

Fireworks are about 15 min long and start at 9:30pm

So really about the only option you would have to see all 3 would be to go to the earliest Fantasmic show at 9pm and try to stay on the East side of the show and you may also want to consider leaving just a little early before the show ends( or just stay in that area to watch some of the larger fireworks). and walk East past the Frontier Shooting expedition and up the Main Street area as far as you can get with all of the crowds.

Or walk East past the Enchanted Tiki room and to Main Street that way whichever way seems to look less crowded.

Then after the Fireworks you can make your way over to the World of Color show. Lots of people leave after the Fireworks show, so its a good idea to be as close to the Entrance really as you can get. You still get a pretty good view of the Fireworks from the beginning of Mainstreet area.

disneyland.disney.go.com/maps/#/m=disneyland

Edited: 20 July 2012, 19:21
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,544 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

With only one day, you would also want to take advantage of the free Fastpass system at Disneyland Here is more info on that and how to use it.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c3632/Anaheim:…

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

We just returned from a week long adventure to the Disneyland Resort. For your kids ages, I think Fantasmic would be better. Doing both in one night would be overwhelming for them. You can watch the fireworks from where you are for Fantasmic and they will get to see Tinkerbell and Dumbo shoot through the sky.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

We just returned from a week long adventure to the Disneyland Resort. For your kids ages, I think Fantasmic would be better. Doing both in one night would be overwhelming for them. You can watch the fireworks from where you are for Fantasmic and they will get to see Tinkerbell and Dumbo shoot through the sky.

Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

Thanks for all the tips. In fact we visited Magic Kingdom in Orlando for 1 day last summer and we had a chance to see the firework and Tinkerbell shoot through the sky. However, there was no show like the Fastasmic. So this year, we may spend more time at DA for cars land and bugs land.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

Fantasmic is a better show than World of Color at DCA.

I am wondering, does Tinkerbelle fly over the castle in the Magic Kingdom, dip down and use her wand, then fireworks explode? If not, that is what you will miss when not seeing the fireworks in Disneyland in front of the castle and it is very special. If you were satisfied with the flight of Tinkerbelle at the MK, then I would suggest, as mentioned, seeing the first show of Fantasmic along the Rivers of America - in New Orleans Square preferrably - and staying put about 10 minutes to see the Magical Fireworks. You will not see the lower level fireworks but will also not have to go through the hassle of dealing with crowds while moving from in front of the castle to the Rivers of America. I am sorry to report, there is barely any view of Tinkerbelle from there, although you may catch her if looking out towards the east and she looks like a tiny fairy quickly flying. Dumbo, I did not see from the Rivers of America. The view of the upper level fireworks is quite lovely, as they appear to burst over the river and Big Thunder Mt. The full narration and music can be heard very well in that area.

World of Color is simply a very good water show. Fantasmic does project images onto sprays of water as well, but also uses performers, Mickey Mouse and other characters, all the boats that run on the Rivers of American, fire, a huge dragon, and a few fireworks. And it has a storyline: Mickey has a dream, the characters come out to play, the dream begins to turn into a nightmare as the villianous character takes over and he is threatened by the dragon. He suddenly realizes that this is his dream and he can control it, then he overcomes evil, and all the characters rejoice. In comparison, I think kids would be bored with WOC.

To answer your question about doing all three shows in one night. There is no way, in my opinion. You would just wear yourself out trying to get through crowds of people and not really enjoy yourselves.

Edited: 21 July 2012, 09:07
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

Tip on So. Cal lingo: Walt Disney World (WDW) somehow was given the nickname of "Disney". Within the last few years that has somehow transfered over to Disneyland, but that is not what we call the park and resort. Since Disneyland is Walt's park and the park that Southern Californians grew up with, we typically refer to Disneyland Park by the name Walt Disney gave it, Disneyland, and the company as Disney. Many fans of the resort have nicknamed Disney California Adventure by its initials, DCA.

Edited: 21 July 2012, 09:19
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

Honestly, I don't think that you will have enough time to get from the Rivers of America, down Main Street with the crowds and across to watch World of Color. To top it off, even with the WOC fast pass, guests line up to get the best viewing spots. I would recommend passing on WOC and sticking with Fantasmic and the fireworks. Personally, I've been very underwhelmed with WOC and consider it merely an advertisement for the various Disney movies with the latest trailer tacked onto the end.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantasmic or color of the world

Just curious, at the end of WOC, do they actually include a bit about the latest movie (in this case, Brave)?