We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alpine, Utah
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

We will be in Anaheim in October and want to do 2 days at DL/CA. We are also planning a trip to Disneyworld for the next October and will be buying 5-day no expire tickets for Disneyworld. It seems a better deal to just add two days to the pre-purchase Disneyworld tickets and use two of the days at Disneyland/CA first then use the rest of the days at Disneyworld next year. Has anyone done this?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

will not work, parks are all separate

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,854 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

Actually you can use Disneyworld non expire tickets at Disneyland. Just not the other way around. Since Disneyworld non expire tickets are more expensive than Disneyland tickets, they do allow you to use the non expire ones at Disneyland. But, they would be more expensive for you to purchase them that way vs just purchasing tickets for Disneyland.

However, i dont know if they would be letting you just use up partial days on one and then giving it back to use later at WDW

Heres that info from the Mousesavers website that lists current discounts on attractions for you.

mousesavers.com/disneyland-california-vacati…

Edited: 10 August 2012, 18:27
Alpine, Utah
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

I know you can use unexpired WDW Magic Your Way Tickets at DL/CA. Annual passes don't work except the Premier Pass I know DL/CA tickets won't work at WDW. What I need to find out is whether WDW Tickets have to be used at WDW first or if I can use them at DL first then WDW. Has anyone tried this?

Alpine, Utah
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

Happytotrip. Thanks for the thread. I'll explore further.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

Hello there...just saw your thread. I have two WDW parkhopper passes from about 12 years ago that each have 2 days left on them. If I am reading your thread correctly, am I able to use these at Disneyland? I know that they said that they never expired way back when I purchased them so that would be great if we could use them on our upcoming trip (I just assumed that at some point, they would stop honouring them since they were so old)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,854 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

ellimcev,

Older WDW tickets that were given out before the non expire ones and have no expiration date should be able to be used at Disneyland the same way. However, i dont know if they would use whatever value they were then to put toward a ticket today, but you should be able to use them as far as im aware.

7. Re: Buy extra disneyworld ticket days to use at disneyland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:16