We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

Washington, Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

Moderate restaurant for a group of 20 within walking distance of Disneyland Hotel.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,571 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

Sitting at one table? Coco's is moderate and walkable, but not sure you'll get 20 together, ditto for Marri's Pizza (which is more than pizza, full Italian menu).

Level Contributor
36,954 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

There are some fun places in Downtown Disney. Check out ESPN Zone or The Rainforest Cafe. :)

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

How about the Anaheim GardenWalk...

www.anaheimgardenwalk.com

Fire+ICE, Cheesecake Factory, etc....

Edited: 07 September 2012, 16:47
Midwest
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

Tortilla Joes in Downtown Disney is moderately priced w/good food, about $15/pp entrees with all the chips and salsa your group can munch

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

What would you consider moderately priced? Is this a one time get together for the group of 20 and you are eating elsewhere separately?

If you are staying at Disneyland Hotel, how about a restaurant AT Disneyland Hotel? The new island themed restaurant, Tangaroa Terrace might work. I have never been inside so I don't know how they might set up for a party of 20. I've walked around outside the restaurant and noticed there is a lovely place to relax by an open air fireplace next to the restaurant - if some of you want to hang out there and talk abit after eating.

…go.com/disneyland-hotel/tangaroa-terrace/

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney would be nice, since they have one room that is on the small side, I think it sits 30 people, and your party of 20 might have the room all to yourselves. Special arrangements will need to be made in advance. This, however, is not what some people would call moderately priced. The menu is also limited to a certain kind of cuisine.

I went to a celebration lunch in Downtown Disney with extended family back in 2008. We had a party of 13 and found it difficult to make arrangements ahead of time. The Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian Hotel was the only place that made it easy. We had a long table with seats left over. The menu has a couple of moderately priced items, but most are pretty pricey. I had Nebraska Corn Chowder and complimentary bread for under $8. I added a glass of wine to that and it bumped up the total pretty high! Their drinks are expensive!

Rainforest Cafe is a good suggestion with a wide choice of menu items and varying prices. However, it can be loud in there and would be difficult for a party of 20 to enjoy. Only the people right next to you would be able to hold a conversation.

Unfortunately, Anaheim Garden Walk is a long walk from the Disneyland Hotel.

Coco's is a good suggestion for a moderately priced meal, but is pretty ordinary if you are looking for something even somewhat special. Don't know about the one in Anaheim, but the Coco's local to me have added TV's which they sometimes play loudly. They seem to have their own channel with music and ads. Kind of annoying. I went with a friend of mine and we were seated under a speaker. Could barely hear each other speak. Coco's does have good breakfasts, though. : ) You didn't say you wanted that, but thought I would throw in a nice comment.

Edited: 07 September 2012, 20:51
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

I apologize for my comments about Coco's in my above post. I had Coco's mixed up with Denney's. Just realized after someone took me to lunch today and wanted to go to Denney's! Coco's is nicer and doesn't have the TVs.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,571 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

I am not sure I consider any of the Downtown Disney Restaurants moderate.

Yes you can get a carnitas burrito at Tortilla Jo's for $15, but it won't be half as good as the carnitas burrito you can get at Lindo Michoacan for $4.95. I just hate paying ultra premium prices for average Mexican food.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

Scott,

Live music, the nice atmosphere, and the possibility of 20 seating together with a reservation makes Downtown Disney worth it.

btw- Do you really suggest a group of 20 WALK from the Disneyland Hotel 2 miles to Lindo Michoacan through some of the least pleasant hi crime parts of Anaheim to save $5/plate? (the $15 plate at Tortilla Jos while not as good is pretty good and has about what you would get for $10 at LM 2)

Edited: 08 September 2012, 15:32
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,571 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

>>>Do you really suggest a group of 20 WALK from the Disneyland Hotel 2 miles to Lindo Michoacan through some of the least pleasant hi crime parts of Anaheim to save $5/plate? (the $15 plate at Tortilla Jos while not as good is pretty good and has about what you would get for $10 at LM 2)<<<

Not suggesting they walk to Lindo Michoacan 2, just saying that the $15 burrito that Tortilla Jo's serves that costs $5 at LM2 (not $10) makes me sour on the lack of value from Tortilla Jo's. The carnitas platter that is $18.50 at TJ's is $6.99 at LM2 and LM2 is far better.

I love Joachim Splichal, but Mexican food isn't his thing. I'd go to Catal every day of the week and ditto for Patina, Nick & Stef's or Kendall's Brasserie, but not TJ's.

10. Re: Restaurant near Disneyland Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 10:16