We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR 11/2-11/12 Disneyland Resort

United States
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
TR 11/2-11/12 Disneyland Resort

I'm not the type to write live TR's but I'm as excited as a little kid & can't sleep! We'll definitely be coming back to the hotel for naptime. :)

We arrived at SNA 45 minutes late 11/2 on Alaska air from SEA, at 8 pm. A dad on the flight said it was the 1st time late in 30 rides this year. Engine wouldn't start. It turned out to be the start of "everyone" trying to delay my Disneyland evening. LOL

We rode California Yellow Cab to the hotel for $32.85. I had a $5 off coupon from anaheimic.org. He was quick & cab was nice & clean.

At hotel check in a lady from Canada had no reservation. Can you imagine? Traveling within the US I would never leave home without a reservation!! She took "forever". Really 10 min. :) We had 25 min to freshen up & take the hotel shuttle to Disneyland. We came down 10 min early but it wasn't necessary. Around 9:10 we finally left in the shuttle.

Bag check at Disneyland was quick. The ticket line, not so much! There were 4 booths open. 10 min later we got to an agent. We had vouchers to exchange for Citypasses. Even that took "forever"!

Finally, the good stuff! We checked mousewait & POTC had the shortest wait time listed. It was a great ride! We got there at 9:49 and the wait was 12 minutes. When we left the ride it was so much more orderly than when we lined up. Everyone was now waiting for Fantasmic!

By the time we got off we were ready for a snack. We waited 6 min for skewers at Bengal BBQ. The onion was so spicy it made me cry & feel a bit of a bad tummy. We next went to Dole whip! There were 4 people in front of us but it was amazingly fast! 3 min. We walked around the fairies place, Matterhorn & Tomorrowland (used bathroom outside Space Mtn) & went out to 11:15 shuttle.

What a nice evening. Though it all felt a little rushed it was worth it to get our vacation "started".

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR 11/2-11/12 Disneyland Resort

How exciting for you! Keep us updated on your trip!

Level Contributor
37,224 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR 11/2-11/12 Disneyland Resort

Sounds fun! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
778 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR 11/2-11/12 Disneyland Resort

sweet!!! we arrived 11/11....only 6 days I am so excited...thankls for the report

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,261 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR 11/2-11/12 Disneyland Resort

Thanks for the ongoing Trip Report. What a great way to start out at Disneyland. Pirates of the Carribean is really the best ride in the Park Imo.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TR 11/2-11/12 Disneyland Resort

Love the start of your TR!! We'll be there on 11/9!

6. Re: TR 11/2-11/12 Disneyland Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 10:17