We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Pass for Cars Land

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Pass for Cars Land

I read in an earlier post that everyone has to get their own fast pass for Cars land. We were going to send the group off to stand in line to get on the ride and one or two people to get the fast passes for everyone, for a ride later in the day. Does anyone know about this?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,088 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

Im not sure where folks got the idea that everyone has to be in line for a Fastpass for Carsland. Others have reported being able to get Fastpasses for others. As long as everyone has already activated thier ticket for the day by entering one of the two Parks for the day which activates the Fastpass option.

If your concered about that, you may want to ask the Castmember who is likely to be at the Fastpass area.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

My son's girlfriend was just at CA and their experience was that they were prevented from using the tickets in hand to get a Fast Pass to Carsland unless all the ticket holders were present. Maybe she just got a difficult cast member, but that was her experience.

Edited: 30 November 2012, 17:53
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,088 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

suzie-travels,

It is hard to know, its possible they may be doing that, but, could it have been that the tickets they were holding were not activated for the day when they tried to get Fastpasses for others?

I have heard just as many people during the summertime report no issues with getting Fastpass for others, so, I guess they will just have to ask that Castmember at the Fastpass for the ride.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

That not the case happytotrip. All of the tix were activated. They were all inside the park. The others were on other rides. The cast member stopped them from getting more fast passes than for the two who were present.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,088 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

I just dont know what to make of things, you may be right in that some Castmembers are not informed about what is allowed, or that Disneyland may be implimenting new restrictions on the Radiator Springs Racer ride. There also seems to be conflicting info on some of the Disneyland blog websites.

So perhaps its best to ask the Castmember at the Fastpass area for the ride before getting in line, as it will likely depend on what they are willing to do.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

How old is everyone? If ages 7 & up, just do the Single Rider line.

Ride holds 3 in front & 3 in back. Right now the line is 20 min single rider, 90 minutes for groups in regular line. I saw people waiting far longer than 90 minutes for a fast pass using up their entire early magic hour from 9-10, then machines opened, then had to wait another hour to get to a machine, then later wait in FP line about another 20-30 minutes, so total of 150 minute wait to use FP. Just getting in regular line was faster then that, but Single Rider line is way to go. One adult at exit, one adult behind worked out fine if have kids. We just returned from 4 day trip there & always kept checking our Map App on iPhone for wait times.

Found better to avoid the park that has the early magic hour, as the opposite park will be far less crowded. For the early magic hour, we found only 3 rides were even open at California Adventure from 9-10am, and we were disappointed walking around seeing everything else closed.

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

Just got back yesterday. You do not have to have everyone present to get fast passes, we had 12 people and just one person got in the fast pass line that took about 20 mins, and the rest of us rode another ride. The ride was not open until later in the day, so we just went back and waited about 15 mins to get on. You can use the fast pass anytime after the return time. We were there 4 days and did that in both parks, all fast pass rides, everyday, no questions asked. The key to not waiting is get on the rides when the lines are low and get fast passes and use them later in the day when the lines get longer, The fast pass return times were around an hour so we were getting a fast pass every 1 hr- 1/1/2 hr. We just went from one fast pass ride to another later in the day.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

Actually what you meant to say was that in your experience your group was not required to have all the riders present to get the Fast Pass for Radiator Springs.

In the experience of my son's girlfriend they were prevented from getting Fast Passes for riders not present. I don't know if they do that on days where the park is super busy or she just happened to get a difficult Cast Member but they were surprised that they were prevented from getting all the Fast Passes they had tickets for. At least if someone reads this they won't be quite as surprised if it happens to them.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

concur on single rider, unless you have 3 in a group. People wait for two hours and get the middle seat

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
827 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fast Pass for Cars Land

Just got back last night. We spent a total of 4 full days in the DL/DCA.My wife always got the FP without me present. Never had any issues and did not hear of anyone while we were there having the issue stated above. I would also concur about going to the park without the magic hour being much less crowded.