We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoiding Easter at Disney

Perth
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Avoiding Easter at Disney

We are visiting the US from 28 March to 19 April 2013 from Perth Aust. My reading of posts on TA suggests Disney will be busiest week before and week after Easter due to school holidays falling within this time. Could someone confirm that is correct and if so would we be best placed to do Disney at the end of our trip? Thanks

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoiding Easter at Disney

The problem is that in the US there are no uniform vacation dates; schools will have spring breaks from March until Easter. If you can go after Easter that would be best.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoiding Easter at Disney

Based on prior years, Disney will add hours and entertainment for Spring/Easter Break from March 11th through April 14th, maybe a bit longer.

OK, benefits of Spring Break, longer hours and more entertainment. Drawback is the larger crowds.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,414 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoiding Easter at Disney

Yes, the larger concentration of Secondary and Elementary Schools let out for Spring Break the full week before Easter Sunday, March 22-31 for 2013) with some taking the full week After, ( April 1-7th for 2013) so It would be very busy at Disneyland during that time period.

However, there are also Conventions and School Competitions as well as various Colleges taking thier breaks during March and April, so its a busy time at Disneyland.

If you must visit during that time period, I would suggest as you have mentioned, leaving Disneyland to the last part of your visit if possible in April.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 17:02
london,
Level Contributor
119 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoiding Easter at Disney

I went in easter 2012 and i didnt think it was crazy. we had 5 day tickets, have 3 little kids and would go from 11-5pm. it was fine. Didnt wait longer than 20 mins for any ride. except toy story mania.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoiding Easter at Disney

There are ways to handle days that have high attendence. Make sure to use Fast Pass on the rides that provide them. Use Single Rider Pass, if you can, on the rides that provide them. Consider planning out your days in the parks using the downloadable program called RideMax. (www.ridemax.com) Get lots of tips on how to see the night time entertainment.

Interestingly enough, when I was in Disneyland Park earlier this month I chatted with someone from Australia who had been to both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World six times but asked me what Fast Pass was and how to use it. She also was at a disadvantage compared to you because she didn't know about the Trip Advisor Forums! She was relying on her travel agent to let her know about any information regarding the Disney Parks. Even so, she and her sister where having a wonderful time during a peak season!

Edited: 28 December 2012, 07:14
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoiding Easter at Disney

We were also at Disneyland for a full week before and after easter ( going to miss those 14 day Aussie passes ) easter Sunday was suprising very quiet compared to the days prior and after , only a 5 min wait on Cali Screaming.

It seemed to be the change over day forspring break , many people leaving to return to school and the next lot had yet to arrive

If you get to the parks early and use the fast pass system to it's fullest , the crazy wait times and crowds aren't to much of an issue

Glendale, California
Level Contributor
38 posts
544 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoiding Easter at Disney

I've been many times during Easter and it never seems too bad. In fact, for most of my childhood, we had a tradition of spending Good Friday in the parks, because the weather is usually nice and the crowds seemed low! I think that the schools having their breaks spread out, really keeps the crowds to a minimum.

8. Re: Avoiding Easter at Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:16