We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking with olotels.com

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Booking with olotels.com

Hi All

We are looking at travelling to Anaheim end Aug 2013. Staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. I have found a price though olotels for 6 nights At $612. This is nearly a saving of over 50% compared to other reservation places. Has anyone used this website for booking accommodation? Or is this to good to be true?? Your guidance would be greatly appreciated....

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,484 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking with olotels.com

Welcome to the forums 69LuLu,

I have no info on olotels.com and not heard of them before. That doesnt mean they are not a common booking site perhaps where you live. There are quite a few Posters from Australia that post here who may have more info for you.

Howard Johnsons is a well rated Hotels about an 11 min walk to Disneylands Turstiles and Has Art shuttle service. They often offer some very good deals and sometimes have discounts of 50% off at select times of the year. You can add your name to thier email list by visiting their website. They also are offering a Facebook page "deal of the day" discount. ( you can subscribe to thier E-mail by clicking in this link on the left side of the page)

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/join-in/blog

There are also other places to stay that may be more within your budget? If you would like more help such as finding somewhere to stay, you can give us a budget per night and what you are looking for and we can help you find something.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

If possible, you would want to avoid being at Disneyland during the busy Labor Day Weekend, and Disney Half Marathon, as it would be extremely busy at Disneyland. For 2013, those dates would be August 30th-Sept 2.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking with olotels.com

I was going to say what happy said. Have you looked at the Hojo website direct. You can get an automatic 15% discount on what the price shows on the website by using code LKMS. They are also offering Facebook offers every day of January. I got 25% off my Kids Suite booking for May.

If you are booking a standard room (not a suite) you should also sign up for their email deals. They sometimes have 50% off offers for certain dates. You can always book the oom direct, and you can still change to the cheaper rate if one becomes available.

We can't wait for our stay at Hojos.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking with olotels.com

Hi again

thanks to both of you for the advise. I will hope on Hojos website today.I think I'd prefer to got that way than with olotels. I googled them the other day and they haven't had very good feedback relating to there bookings, from other travellers. As you aussiesharon1, we can't wait!!!

Enjoy your trip...

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking with olotels.com

I think you'll have a much more enjoyable lead-up to your holiday if you book direct.

The service from Hojo in Anaheim has been wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
perth western...
Level Contributor
176 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking with olotels.com

Posted on here recently about this. Did some research and found both really good and really bad feedback. Booked HOJO direct through the website using 25% off offer. An extra $100-150 for peace of mind well worth it IMO

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking with olotels.com

My thoughts exactly cycobomber....have joined there mailing list (HOJO) and facebook page as suggested by aussiesharon1. Worst fear arriving at HOJO and them telling me they have no reservation for us. That seems to be the general (bad) fee back of other travellers that I have read about...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,484 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking with olotels.com

Ive never had any issues with Hojos, and not really heard about many complaints, thier customer service is very good.

I usually check back with any Hotel I have a reservation at, at least a few times before my visit to verify that everything is ok with my reservation, its a good "rule of thumb" when booking Hotels Imo.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking with olotels.com

Hi happytotrip

The complaints I was reading about was re olotels, not HOJO. Like anything you will find good and bad...... I have contacted HOJO and they are checking to see if they have any pre bookings from olotels regarding our request for reservation. As you, I haven't read many bad reviews re HOJO, normally only good. So we will see what happens. Joined HOJO. Pointers from other 2 posts as well. Thanks again...

9. Re: Booking with olotels.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 07:35
10. Re: Booking with olotels.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 16:00