We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's the weather like at present

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
what's the weather like at present

Quick question please. We arrive in a couple of weeks, what has the weather been like? Just t shirts and shorts with a Jersey morning and night. Is that all I will need

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what's the weather like at present

Sorry its loaded so many times,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,632 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what's the weather like at present

Smudgey73,

You can easily remove some of the duplicate posts by simply clicking at the bottom of the post where it says "report inappropriate content" and then click on "remove my post"

I have not been in the last few weeks so I cant tell you exactly what kind of weather it is right now, but perhaps someone else will know. Weather though is pretty changable this time of year Imo especially when you get into March. Usually its suggested for wearing layers of clothing so you can add or remove depending on the weather. Its likely to be pretty nice during the daytime, but cold at night.

You can also get some idea of the weather with the Howard Johnsons webcam which faces Disneyland. Its fun to look at anyway.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/take-a-tour/webcam

Edited: 26 February 2013, 17:57
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what's the weather like at present

Have done that thanks....silly I phone kept reloading the question lol

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,632 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what's the weather like at present

Dont worry about it..... happens all the time ;)

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what's the weather like at present

Its been getting down to long pants weather and then back up to shorts. Nights are cool year round. Just check weather.com before you pack.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what's the weather like at present

Well, they are saying that this week there will be a gradual warm up and on Friday it will a high of nearly 80 degrees F. But last week the highs were just nearly 60 degrees F. So, changeable is the word!

It's actually the low temps that you will need to look at, though, and they have been pretty low. Sunset is around 6 p.m. It will cool pretty quickly in Anaheim, due to it being not far from the coast (relatively speaking). Sometimes during this time the coastal clouds will come in to the inland OC cities at night, making it feel moist and chilly at night. Sunrise should be around 6 a.m. and the lowest temp just before dawn. So if you are going to be out and about at 8 or 9, you might not be comfortable in shorts unless you like a chill. If you have some jeans or long pants that aren't too heavy, they will probably take you from morning to night just fine. Then layers on the top of you. You can bring shorts and, if you think you might change into them during a day at the park, rent a locker.

It can still rain in March. Pack umbrellas, ponchos (if you have them), sunglasses, and sunscreen. You never know.

I live at an elevation of just 24,000 feet and last Wednesday morning, there was snowfall here for a couple of hours, then afternoon sun. Still a chilly day. I am looking forward to a change in temperature, but don't count on it lasting.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 18:57
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what's the weather like at present

I live a few miles from the park, we have had some days of rain, days when jeans and a t-shirt works mid-day and a jacket at night. Some rain. Rain in the area tend to be off and on, so light showers for a short period, and then a break. As mentioned, sounds like it will be shorts weather this weekend, at least during the daytime hours. Also, the last few days have been very windy.

The main recommendation for folks here at TA for visiting Southern California this time of year is layers. So yes, back the swimsuit, you might want to use it, and heck most Hotels/Motels have heated pools and sometime Jacuzzis/hot tubs, even if it isn't sunbathing weather. Then shorts, long pants, decent shoes for walking and if it rains, tops and I like a decent windbreaker type of jacket with a hood that can also substitute for a rain jacket.

Hope that helps...

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what's the weather like at present

If you are a NORMAL person, NO, that isn't all you'll need. Despite what you might have heard, this is not a seasonless place . It is winter here. This morning at 7 it was 45F (7.2C) degrees. This afternoon it is about 68F (20C) but going back down.

There are many Canadians on this forum who love to brag that they wore only shorts in 50 degee weather. Don't fall for that. Bring layers. Darkbeer's packing suggestions are good.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what's the weather like at present

We have the best february for weather in a very long time, Weather has been great.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what's the weather like at present

Weather forecast is for highs in the 80s this weekend. But beware of the lows.

Get answers to your questions about Anaheim