We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

From the OC Register...

ocregister.com/entertainment/closed-503549-d…

>>The ride, which underwent a rehabilitation project last year, will close weekdays starting Monday and going through May 3.

The bobsleds will shut down all day Mondays through Thursdays and re-open at 3 p.m. on Fridays for the weekends.<<

henderson
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

Thank you, this was very helpful in planning my trip.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

I always panic when I see a heading like this!

Lucky it's not our dates. We have never done the Matterhorn as it was closed for the long refurb last time we were there.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

Alas, the "title" is limited in space, so no room for the dates... Not trying to scare anyone, just give a heads up for planning.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

Darkbeer: It's *definitely* opening on Friday afternoons? Like, you would swear it on punishment of never being able to ride another coaster again? ;)

Just wondering because I checked the website last week for the hundredth time and it still appeared that on Friday April 19th it's open, but on Friday April 26th(when we're there), its closed.

So unlike some, who on reading this post are sighing in dismay, I don't want to get too excited here...i was sooo disappointed all those weeks ago when day-by-day I was checking the daily schedules as they released them...if I allow myself to look forward to riding it on our last day, I dont think I'll be able to take the disappointment of finding out that's not so....and I'm 40...my kids would be beside themselves lol (when we were there the first time in Jan '12 it was undergoing its massive rebuild, so we promised them "next time" only to be proved liars)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

PS: I did click your link, but its online content is only available to OC Register subscribers.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

What Darkbeer wrote in the original was a quote from the linked article. He's just passing on information that Disney officials gave the Orange County Register (which Disneyland Resort does from time to time). I'd say that is pretty reliable information. However, the Disney Company is fond of stating "subject to change". They do usually stick to the information that they put out, but for safety's sake thing could change. Just be at the Matterhorn at 3 p.m. Friday (if not watching the afternoon parade, or line up when they allow prior to that and give it a try. They will probably have only one line, on the lagoon side. That will filter into both loading queues. For Single Rider go to the front of the Tomorrowland side and ask for a pass for each of you. You can choose your side for loading from there.

Edited: 13 April 2013, 05:58
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

Thanks! Yay! I will allow myself to get slightly giddy now :D

Thanks for all the details too!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

As RR mentioned, there are no guarantees, rides close down if there are issues, mainly due to safety without notice. I would say that it is a pretty good chance that it would open Friday afternoon around 3 PM, as Disney is trying to keep the closures to the slower weekday periods. But if they are running late, well, they can't reopen until the ride is tested and approved for guests.

As for the OC Register, alas, sorry, you can sign up for a free 7 day trial. I am happy though, my home delivery subscription now gives me free Angels Tickets for about two thirds of the home games they play.

Seattle
Level Contributor
321 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

I was just at Disneyland this past week, and I rode the Matterhorn bobsled ride on April 10th (or 11th?). I didn't see any signs indicating it would be out of service.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Matterhorn at Disneyland will be closed for maintenance...

Well, the planned refurb was scheduled to start Monday, April 15th.

But with Cal-OSHA closing down the attraction, who knows when it will reopen.... (Worker safety issues).