We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique restuaurants near disney

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Unique restuaurants near disney

Hi

We will spend 4/26.27 in Disneyland and adventure. 4/25 we will spend some time in downtown Disney. Can anyone suggest some restaurants that a must eat(unique) in your opinion? We have five people, we don't have too much budget for fancy restaurant unfortunately.

I read "Blue Bayou" is a must eat, but is that worthy? Their price range seems high. (I know there is a Cheesecake factory near they place we stay, we also want to try that since Vancouver densest have that restaurant. Should we?) Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,932 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Blue Bayou
Blue Bayou
2,992 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
2,336 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

OK, unique is the Anaheim White House for Italian, and also is very generous for charity work. They will even pick you up in a Limo if you request it in advance.

http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/#

Also, the choices at the Anaheim GardenWalk, such as Roy's are unique, but a bit pricey.

Head out to The Outlets at Orange, a lot of food and entertainment options, most reasonably priced.

Nothing fancy, but the Pizza Press on Harbor Blvd is good food, and many folks here at TA have given it a thumbs up. I also like the Earl of Sandwiches in Downtown Disney.

Mimi's Cafe is another good choice on Harbor Blvd.

That is some good choices.

Mentioned in this post
The Anaheim Hotel
The Anaheim Hotel
103 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim GardenWalk
Anaheim GardenWalk
208 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Roy's
Roy's
471 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Orange
Orange
Orange County, CA
The Pizza Press
The Pizza Press
1,082 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,932 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

For truly unique I'd look at Jagerhaus (German), Fire+Ice and Mas' Chinese Islamic Restaurant.

There is zip unique about The Cheesecake Factory or Mimi's Cafe. Nice restaurants, but nothing special or unique.

Blue Bayou would be over-priced if it was in a mall, but inside an attraction at Disneyland it is definitely unique and something you should do at least once.

Mentioned in this post
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
2,336 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Blue Bayou
Blue Bayou
2,992 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I don't think we would have time to go Orange since we don't have a rental car. :(

Oh wow White House looks so great!!!! It's on my list now.

Mentioned in this post
Orange
Orange
Orange County, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

Do you have only one day at the parks planned? Looking for a place in Downtown Disney the night before?

Edited: 16 April 2013, 02:56
Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,932 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,870 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

I would also just suggest something like Downtown Disney which is likely to be much less expensive and still fun such as Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen which looks to be a fun place to visit, and I have heard from alot of people they have good food and good nightly live Jazz music. Im hoping to eat there myself on my next trip.

…go.com/downtown-disney/…

Heres the menu's for restaurants at Disneyland and downtown Disney along with pricing that should be helpful.

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,932 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
Ralph Brennan's Jazz...
1,509 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

on the 26th (instead of 25, my mistake), we plan to spend morning and noon (maybe afternoon) in Hollywood or downtown LA then bus to Anaheim. I guess by the time we are in Anaheim, it would be like 6 ish. We definitely plan to walk around in downtown Disney. (i can't wait :P ) then have dinner there. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen looks great too!

I am looking for a nice decor restaurant, like something can "wow" customers, but not pricy.

27th and 28th, we will visit Disneyland/adventure.

29th Knotts'

Basically, we will have four nights in Anaheim.

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,346 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,932 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Ralph Brennan's Jazz...
1,509 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

If you are headed to Knott's, check out Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant, the place that started America's First Theme Park.

Mentioned in this post
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant
Mrs. Knott's Chicken...
1,118 Reviews
Buena Park, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

"Wow" and "not pricey" are not words that go together usually, especially when talking about decor and Downtown Disney.

You can check reviews for the restaurants at Yelp.com that has a larger database and more reviews from locals. You can check Chowhound.com as well.

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,932 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

Thanks for providing your itinerary. That makes it easier to understand. If you don't have much time (and it doesn't appear so), maybe choosing somplace inside Downtown Disney is best. When in the parks I always think it is best to eat inside (rather than leaving and going back).

I agree with Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD. Don't request the balcony. It is just a view of Downtown Disney buildings and you lose the ambiance of the restaurant. Plus if it is evening it gets chilly at this time. I would also suggest the tropical restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel, except I have never been inside. It seems interesting. Read reviews and see what you think.

In Disneyland Park I like to eat where I can be entertained. That rules out table service restaurants. French Market has a jazz band during the day (check the schedule), for example. The trouble with asking about the Blue Bayou is I think many people who have eaten there think it is not worth the price and many people who haven't think it's a must do. It is not really a must do. It's a nice experience, but you need to realize that you are probably not going to get a table by the water and might not even feel like you are dining in the same building as the Pirates of the Caribbean. The decor is pretty and the service is nice. It is pricey and there is no wine served to compliment the meals. I have read advice to go there for dessert, which is a little pricey but easier on the budget than a meal.

If you don't have a Cheesecake Factory where you live and can sqeeze it in, go there. And Mrs. Knott's is a must do when visiting Knott's. Take time to look at the memorbilia on the walls as you enter.

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,932 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Ralph Brennan's Jazz...
1,509 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
3,088 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,295 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Blue Bayou
Blue Bayou
2,992 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
2,336 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Unique restuaurants near disney

Thank you, RedlandsRedhead. Everyone in this forum is so friendly and helpful!! Appreciate it :)

true, we don't have too much extra time to go outside Disney, and that would be a great reason for me to plan another Anaheim trip. ( really want to go White House ) I hope by the tune I visit there the weather will be wonderful since it is not too good in Vancouver :(

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada