We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Topic
weather

We are coming on Saturday ~ according to the weather websites, it's going to be hot ~ high seventies and up. Coworkers just came back & told us the weather is in the mid to high sixites.....what's it been like? I don't want to have to pack jeans, only shorts and tank tops.

Thank you!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,440 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Well the weather varies and as you may have seen it was hot and dry and there were wild fires last week and then it cooled down and parts of southern CA had moisture so your guess is as good as anyone's as to what the weekend will be. Not sure what others can say about what the weekend is going to be like except to look at the forecast.

If one comes in from a part of the US where there is snow and there are frigid conditions in winter, then CA spring and summer could be shorts weather. All depends on the tolerance level

Edited: 08 May 2013, 19:30
Colorado
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

IMHO you need to pack jeans, a sweatshirt or light jacket, shorts, short sleaves....

you can have a very warm day but end up needing something a bit warmer especially if you plan on being at the parks till closing- be prepared

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

So a bit of everything. We're coming from up north where spring just showed this weekend. Watching the two weather sites I have it's saying it's supposed to be hot. All I packed was shorts & tee shirts, but I guess I should throw in a couple pairs of jeans for everyone. And we're wearing sweaters because we leave our city early & get home late.

Thank you both!! I'll repack for a bit of cooler weather.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

I just watched the local ABC news with the weather report. Yes, the weekend will be hot, but remember that what is published is the highs and the lows. Look at the lows too. You need to take into consideration your comfort level in the early morning and at night when packing. The lows that I saw are in the high 50's. The lowest temp would be before dawn. Mornings at this time of year in Orange County usually have a slow warming and Anaheim, being an inland beach community, can get some of the cooling in the evening that comes from the ocean after sunset.

Your best bet is to plan on wearing layers and just pack those jeans plus light sweater or light jacket and/ or long sleeve shirt to pull over the tank top. I think a lot of people get fooled when there is a warm day in Anaheim at this time of year and think about the nights. If you would like, you can store a change of clothes in a locker in the park, which is $7 for all day for a small locker. That works out nicely for a day when the parks have long hours and you are going to stay for the nightime shows.

abclocal.go.com/kabc/channel…

Edited: 08 May 2013, 22:23
Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Redlands ~ thank you so much for the amazing tips! and the link. I really appreciate it.

I'm one of those that forgets the evening's:) Coming from NW Canada, you'd think I would know better:)

Thank you!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

And, looking over my post, I see that I might have mixed up my words a bit in one spot - Anaheim is a community that is inland from the beach communities is what I should have said. But, if you see a weather report talking about the beaches, take it on board that it may have some of the same effect on Anaheim. For instance, I think the current forecast for OC and beaches may have included some beach fog in the morning.

Edited: 08 May 2013, 23:49
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,350 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

I never wear long pants unless I have to for business or going out to dinner in a nicer restaurant. Other than that I wear shorts every day of the year. I would say bring light jackets or sweatshirts, but leave the jeans homes.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

Scottca075, I think you are correct. After looking at the ABC link, jeans will stay home & the shorts & light sweater's are a better way to go.

I so appreciate everyone's help with this.

Three more sleeps for this family!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

I prefer never to wear shorts. ; )

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

I prefer never to wear shorts. Follow me. ; ) Just kidding.