We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

What are the best rides/activities for a 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

Is it worth spending two days there, or will we run out of things to see/do for such a young child?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,747 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

If you're taking "votes", I think a 3 day Park Hopper is a good choice. Plenty to do, time to go back to the hotel for an afternoon swim or rest, and more relaxed pace.

The "best" things for a preschooler will vary. Some are adventuresome and some are hesitant. Some are boys and some are girls. Some love characters and some are scared by them. How would you describe your 3 1/2 year old?

Try "lurking on" (just reading) this recent thread about scary rides: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k6481258

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

Our 3 y o (in 2009) loved the coasters - Splash Mtn, Bobsleds, (and the coasters at Legoland too), but HATED any ride that was indoors ie dark. we went on Peter Pan on our 2nd day and she couldn't wait to get off (lots of crying). I've heard that you can try out the rides on YouTube - sort of get a feel for them first. I wish I'd tried it. We are now planning our 2nd trip there, and will probably check out YouTube first!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

I have friends with small ones and they love "Disney Junior - Live on Stage" located in California Adventure's Hollywood Land.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

We got a three day pass when we went with our 3.5 year old son, he was cars mad, so we spent quite a lot if time in cars land. In disneyland he loved Autopia (driving the cars), astro orbitors, buzz lightyear astro blasters, Mickey's toontown, parades, tiki room (good to cool down and have a little snack and rest), Tarzan's treehouse. In california adventure, obviously carsland, disney junior stage show, bugs land rides were a hit as there were short queues. We just arrived at rides, explained the ride and asked him whether he wanted to go on the ride, we were very relaxed about it, he didn't in the dark rides and we didn't force him. It was all about having fun. Due to the time difference from london he napped everyday in the parks so it allowed us to see and do what we wanted to do during that time, or sit and have a coffee. We also did the photopass plus and I don't regret that, we had some lovely canvas' printed that remind us everyday what a great holiday we had. Any other questions just ask. Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Autopia
Autopia
32 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

It's a small world was my 4 yrs olds favourite as well as Dumbo, and Ariel's and Jelly Fish Jump in DCA. Also Winnie the Pooh and Finding Nemo. I think there is plenty to do with the Parades and Shows plus the Character meet and Greets.

I agree stay away from dark rides ( mr Toads and Pinocchio ) but Peter Pans flight mine enjoyed as well as slash mountain.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

I wouldn't recommend "slash" mountain, as that would be Horror Themed ;) (I know, typo)...

On the other hand, Splash Mountain has a nice theme, but let the 3.5 year see the large drop on the way to the attraction, so they are not surprised.

Mentioned in this post
Splash Mountain
Splash Mountain
47 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

Lol sorry yes Splash not slash thanks Darkbeer

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

IMHO 3 days at Disneyland, CA Adventure or whatever it's morphed into, is 2 days too many for a 3.5 year old.

I would not get him on any "coaster" rides at all. The dark rides seem to upset a lot of small ones, as they have many things popping out unexpectedly (that includes Mr Toad's wild ride). The teacups might be OK but not after a meal and definitely not if he/she gets carsick.

Small World is a great place to get cool and quiet and calm. Toon Town is made for this age. If you get over there right when you go in (by getting on the train) you can beat a few crowds of little kids and their anxious parents.

Taking an after lunch break and swimming or napping at the hotel is a good idea if you want her/him to stay up for the parade(s) and or fireworks. More rest, less meltdown.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

When mine was 3 (2 years ago) she loved Small World, Dumbo, Canal Boats,jungle cruise (by day only), Tiki Room, autopia, Nemo submarine, Bugs land (all of it), carousels tea cups.....not much changed when we went this year...except she added Maters, TSM, Ariel, Buzz Lightyear and the Redwood Challenge.....oh and ALL things princess

10. Re: Best rides/activities for 3.5 year old at Disneyland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 07:17