We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malls & shopping from Disneyland

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Malls & shopping from Disneyland

I'm staying at the super 8 on katella and am wondering how I can get to a mall or shopping area (not dtd) using either my legs or public transport. I need to stock up on cornbread mix and cheaper than what we can get here shoes :)

Oh and what is the best shopping in terms of price close to Disneyland?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

For discount shopping, the Outlets at Orange are your best bet. Go to maps.google.com, type in "disneyland to Outlets at Orange" - it will first show you driving directions, but then click the bus/train icon and it will show you how to go via bus - but as you'll see it will involve one bus ride plus a bit of walking.

I believe that the nearest supermarket will be Vons at corner of Chapman and Anaheim Blvd.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

There is a Vons supermarket that delivers to Anaheim hotels , though i would check that cornbread mix can be brought back to Australia as I know certain mixes for waffles and breads can not be

www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/stores.htm

Block at Orange is a great outlet centre close to Disney and easy access by the ART shuttle that leaves from the front of Disneland , route # 16

http://www.rideart.org/

www.simon.com/mall/the-outlets-at-orange

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

thank you very much. We ALWAYS take cornbread mix back with us. You can get cornmeal here - weird! We buy the Jiffy mix and never have a problem bringing it home. We buy around 30 packs LOL, they must think we are nuts at customs!!

The ART shuttle looks like the easiest way to get there and it looks like we can easily walk from Katella Ave to Gardenwalk to catch it to the Outlets at Orange.

So is there no Walgreens or anything like that near Disneyland? I haven't been for so many years I can't remember where we bought it last time. But in Orlando we always get it from Walgreens or 7/11.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

Actually I just noticed that we are right next door to Gardenwalk so that is super easy to get the bus.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,486 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

Theres also a 7-11 /ABC Market type of store in close walking distance from the Super 8 on the North West corner of Harbor Blvd and Katella, its shown here on this Map. There would also be various small convenience stores in some of the Hotels in the area as well. printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Theres also a nice Target store that would sell some groceries ect its on Harbor Blvd a little over a mile South down Harbor Blvd from your location. And you can take the Art Shuttle service Route #1 which would take you right near the Target store, but it may also end up being faster to just take the local bus service.

http://binged.it/12Dz5Lh

http://www.rideart.org/route-map/

Keep in mind the Art Shuttle stop at the Gardenwalk area from what I can recall some people have had some trouble with finding it since it was not located where it shows on the Map. I believe it was located near the front of the Gardenwalk area off of the West side of Clementine where the pick up point is.

Edited: 19 May 2013, 04:44
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,836 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

One the FAQs: in Top Question is "How to get to popular shopping areas without a car"

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c168883/Anahei…

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

Thanks happytotrip ill take note of where the stop is so we aren't searching all over for it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

Do you know that USA foods in Melbourne ( my favorite store !!! ) sells Jiffy corn muffin mix and will post anywhere in Australia , maybe you might want to contact them and save that space in your luggage for more shoes!!!

www.usafoods.com.au/Beverages?search=jiffy

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

For shoes, check out The Outlets of Orange, or head north up Harbor on the OCTA Route 43 or 543 bus to the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe. There is a nice, large Sketchers Outlet Store, plus a couple of other discount shoe stores, and also other discount/dollar stores for other stuff. Also near the corner is a Super Walmart and a Target and more.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malls & shopping from Disneyland

Awesome thanks darkbeer, ree I've bought from USA foods before but like to bring stuff back anyway we don't just get cornbread and its funny we normally stuff the shoes with food to make more space LOL