We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

andalicia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

I would like to know what would be the best time to go to breakfast and which place is best recomended to find the charactures during breakfast. I have read that if you go too early you won´t find any.I will be at Disneyland Hotel so Mickey Mouse and the princeses are a must have .

Any ideas to make this trip extra special for my grandkids who are 4 and 3?

Thanks alot,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

We have done the breakfast at Goofys Kitchen a few times and found it to be fantastic , heaps of characters, lots of photo opportunities, t we went at 7.30 and stayed for ages , we never felt rushed at all , infact the table beside us sat down 30 mins after us and left well before us , one of the chipmunks took my son up to the icecream fountain to get him a bowl , and be sure to tell them if you are celebrating a special occasion, I even got a little birthday cupcake, birthday badges and the wait satff sang a special birthday song it was alot of fun even if I am an adult

andalicia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

Thanks so much........!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

OK, you have 5 choices, one Breakfast in each of the three Hotels, and then one in each of the parks. Goofy's Kitchen also serves a Character Dinner, and Ariel's Grotto service lunch and dinner.

Goofy's Kitchen is the most well known one, as mentioned above. Located in the Disneyland Hotel.

The Paradise Pier's theme is "Surf's Up", here you get to meet Mickey as you enter, and then a cast of other characters, usually including Stitch and Lilo'

The Grand Californian Hotel is Chip 'n Dale themed.

In Disneyland, the Plaza Inn host a Minnie and Friends Breakfast. (Park admission is required).

And in California Adventure, Ariel's Grotto is a Princess Themed meal. (Once again, park admission is required).

For the two park breakfast's, you might get a reservation prior to opening. There will be signage (or just ask a CM (employee)) to get you to the restaurant.

…go.com/dining/list/#/character-dining

andalicia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

Do you know if there are other places for lunch and dinner with the Disney characters?

andalicia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

You just answered all my questions, I really appreciate it

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

For breakfast, the hotel meals are the only options and Goofy's Kitchen is probably the best of what you are asking for, but Ariel's Grotto with the Princess characters might be the best for seeing princesses specifically, even if it is a lunch or dinner meal.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

Scott is incorrect, both Ariel's Grotto and the Plaza Inn serve a Character Breakfast, so you have the choice of a Hotel or in the park you will be at that morning.

So 5 choices for Breakfast, Ariel's Grotto for Lunch, and Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's Grotto for a Dinner Character Meal.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

I really like the one at Paradise Pier, seems like the CMs interact more with the guests there.

Least favorite is the Grand Californian.

Haven't done the in=park ones though.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,395 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

Keep in mind, you dont need to have a Charater Meal to see the Charaters at Disneyland especially the more popular ones such as Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy. They at Both Parks in the Morning hours right after opening time near the starting of Buena Vista Street in California Adventure Park, and the beginning of Main Street at Disneyland Park each day. And there are also Charaters walking around the Park all day. And of course Mickey and Minnies House.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 15:37
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyland California Characture Breakfast

You can see characters in the parks for free but the lines are often long so it can be time consuming. If you are ok with the price, character meals make it much easier to see them.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 15:44