We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No wifi at Disneyland?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
Save Topic
No wifi at Disneyland?

I was at Disneyland yesterday and was surprised there is no wifi available in the parks. Having spent last week at Disney World, where every park had wifi available, I would have expected some consistency in this area across the parks.

Also why are the same food/drink items different prices? For example, the exact same Mickey ice cream is $3.75 in DW and $4.25 in DL, a 20oz soda is $2.87 at DW and $3.23 at DL etc. The extra 2% sales tax does not account for it.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,146 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

valid points Hindo. Perhaps you should file a complaint with Disney Guest relations. I don't think anyone here will argue about having wifi and lower prices.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

If you want WiFi, head to the Grand Califorian Hotel Lobby or bar. Alas, the parks do not offer WiFi.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

Strange, we were at Disneyworld and they had free wifi everywhere. Great advertising, my daughter sent out 100s of instagrams

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

I did manage to log into GC wifi in some places at California Adventure but not at Disneyland itself.

Not really interested in complaining, it was more an observation than anything.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

The pricing variances probably have to do with increased costs in California -- labor, corporate taxes, etc. Shipping could even be more, depending on where the items are manufactured.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 17:18
vancouver
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

DW has wifi? wow, I always assumed the parks had no wifi because they wanted people spending money on things and keeping active rather than sitting around surfing the web. But I guess the times they are a changing.

Do the Starbucks in DL have wifi?

Edited: 24 May 2013, 17:45
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
683 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

My question is why the need for WiFi? Personally, I don't see the need for it.....when I'm at DL, I'm there to go on the rides and enjoy the atmosphere. Just my two cents.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,911 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

California is a much, much more expensive place to run a business than FL. The labor costs are much higher, the land costs (and therefore taxes) are much higher and the cost of running the business are much higher.

If Michael Eisner could have airlifted the Disneyland Resort complex to San Antonio or Austin he'd have done it in a heart beat.

Disney built out the WiFi network in FL for business and corporate reasons that don't exist in the same way in CA.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,146 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

Why wifi? For Instagram and 4sq and Facebook OMG look where I am updates and tweets and as many of our visitors from abroad may not have expensive roaming data plans on, or a local phone with data, so wifi helps to stay in touch.

My guess on the wifi part is they have not found a partner who is willing to do it for the right money or right cut to Disney and US residents don't care as they have 3G 4GLTE coverage.

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No wifi at Disneyland?

Nice also to use wifi to look up park info about where to eat and stuff, to keep in touch with other people in your party (that can be a huge help instead of paying international talk or text rates), track travel details (nice to be able to check in for a flight on the go), check the weather forecast, get important info from home (easy to say you should not do that on vacation but for some people there's stuff they need to do even on vacation), figure out where you are going tomorrow, etc etc and etc. You don't need to have it glued to your hand to get some good use of free wifi.