We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This Sunday - driving time and how busy?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
73 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
This Sunday - driving time and how busy?

Our countdown is on and our trip is finally getting closer...we drive to Seattle on Saturday and are flying from Seattle to Long Beach Airport on Sunday morning. Our flight lands at 9:00 AM, we're renting a car and then driving to our hotel (The Anabella). We probably won't be able to check in so we plan to head to DL.

How long will it take us to get to Anaheim from LGB airport on a Sunday morning (30 minutes?). Any suggestions on the best route (freeway or surface streets)?

I'm estimating we'll be in the park by 11:00 - 11:30 AM...does this sound right? I realize it will be busy...I've prepared myself for crowds.

I know it is the tail end of the US long weekend, so I'm expecting crowds on Sunday. I was hoping that people might be travelling home on the Sunday and the park might not be as crowded as I think. Wishful thinking? :)

We're getting excited, can't wait to start our vacation.

Thanks.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This Sunday - driving time and how busy?

Since it is a major holiday weekend, hard to really predict, but I think you will be fine, and avoid the freeways. The easiest way is just exit the Airport and head east on Wardlow Road, which converts to Ball Road when crossing the county border, and then a right on Disneyland Drive, and a left on Katella. Here is a marked map.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=5992618

Now, you might hit some traffic at Disneyland Drive due to the amount of folks trying to get into the large Parking Structure for the Theme Parks, but just stay to the right.

And once you check into the Hotel, leave your car, and opt to use the ART Shuttle system, or just walk.

Hope you have a great vacation.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This Sunday - driving time and how busy?

I would do the 405 to the 22 and get off on harbor blvd. Traffic will be light

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
61 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This Sunday - driving time and how busy?

I'll second the recommendation for the 405, to the 22, to Harbor. Sunday morning traffic shouldn't be bad at all.

4. Re: This Sunday - driving time and how busy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:19