We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Brisbane
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

We are heading to Disneyland early September should we purchase our tickets before we leave Australia or just wait till we arrive?? If we should purchase before what is the best site to get them from? If we wait till we arrive where should be purchase them. We are looking at the 4 day hopper pass..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

The best place I have found to purchase tickets from is the official Disneyland website, you can print out the voucher from home , then take it straight to the gates/ turnstiles to get your passes ,no need to stand in an extra queue to get the passes

If you purchase them through a travel agent you need to take the voucher to a ticket booth first , to exchange it for passes ,this can be done a day or 2 before you want to enter the parks if you have time , as the tickets don't become activated till you enter the park

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/

Edited: 11 July 2013, 12:43
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

You can look into purchasing them from Flight Centre. We got ours from Flight Centre Canada and saved a significant amount of money plus we were able to purchase in Canadian dollars instead of U.S. I don't know if your currency is higher or lower than the U.S. dollar, but if it is, you should purchase from a travel agent at home.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,632 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

Were you aware Australian residents can purchase a special 10 day Disneyland Pass thats about the same cost as a 5 day Parkhopper which should be about $15 usd more than a regular 4 day Parkhopper ticket? They are available through a travel agent in your area such as Flight Centre mentioned.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

Great Thanks very much everyone. I will look into it today...

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

We got our 10 day hopper from Flight Centre for $330 each a few months ago before the Disneyland prices went up so not sure if they have changed.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

I got a quote today from Flight Centre today.. The quote i got was for the 4 day hopper pass it was $1043.00.. Seemed a bit expensive....

Brisbane
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

Just looked on the Disney site they have the 4 day hopper pass for $265 child and $285 adult.. I think i may just get them from the Disney site..

Save Reply
8. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

Do you need to goto the Disney site? Can you purchase them onsite when you get there?

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

You can get them at the gate but online means they are usually a little cheaper and you don't have to wait in the ticket line which is always a bonus

Sydney
Level Contributor
472 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying tickets before we leave Australia??

Did you have a look at the Southern California Citypass? If you are planning on going to San Diego to Seaworld and LA to Universal Studios you can get the Citypass which works out a good deal. You can buy them from Flight Centre or you can buy them online and have them delivered to your hotel in the States. www.citypass.com

Get answers to your questions about Anaheim