We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to buy Ridemax subscription?

NJ
Level Contributor
925 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
when to buy Ridemax subscription?

I'm confused. I plan on buying this for $14.95 because we will only have 1 day in the park in August.

The website says something about a 90 day subscription. If I buy the subscription now, how will it know what's going on a month from now? Do I just get to play with it .. . . to run various scenarios, preferences etc?

Any guidance / insight would be appreciated. Thank you in Advance.

United States
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

I don't know what it means but is get it now since you'll be in the time frame.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

Do you mean what would be the park entertainment and schedule? I believe it automatically has that info updated as well as possible crowd levels. If you want to know the entertainment offerings, parade times, fireworks, other nightime entertainment, and park atmosphere (musical acts), you can find those on the offical Disney website under Disneyland Resort - Parks -Entertainment Schedule. (You can also see if there are any rides that will be closed that dsy in the same spot.) Then you should be able to enter the names of your entertainment choices into Ridemax. It will adjust your ride times in with show times. The Ridemax staff keeps up with what is happening and going to happen. This is how I understand it, although I have not used it myself.

NJ
Level Contributor
925 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

I understand what Ridemax will do -- use statistics to give me a schedule for enhanced enjoyment & fewest wait times. What I don't understand is why I need to buy now? Is it so I can "play" with the software / scheduler to run different scenarios & find the best for me?

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

It depends on how much time you have to work on your plan for the day. Sometimes folks know that the week or two before they leave for their vacation will be very hectic, so subscribe early. If you think that you will have plenty of time the week that you leave purchase it then.

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

Why don't you just download the Mousewait app? It will give you the same as ridemax. And it is free!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,870 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

Ridemax I believe is not quite the same as Mousewait. Mousewait offers current wait times on attraction give by people inside the Park that day that will post them on Mousewait, so it can be helpful when at Disneyland.

While the Ridemax is a program for planning out days at Disneyland to minimize wait times, so it has a schedule to follow to do that.

Both types of programs though are going to be somewhat flawed since Ridemax takes into account past info to help you avoid crowds ect, but things may be slightly different for an actual visit. Mousewait also has its drawbacks, since posted wait times can be different by the time you actually walk over to a ride after looking at the wait time listed.

So, thats just my very limited take on things, others may have more info than I do.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

DalmOm,

Yes, the reason to purchase now is exactly what you stated in your last sentence of post 3. Also, post 4 makes a lot of sense in that if you will have a lot to do prior to when you leave for you trip it doesn't hinder you from that. I don't think the results will be different if you work out on plan on Ridemax closer to your leave day as the plans will be for the specific date of your visit. There are no major changes coming up that would be new to Ridemax, so I would say the results now are going to be as accurate as close to your trip. It's really a question of what is convenient to you. It might even be more fun to use it now as well as giving you time to try different scenerios. In a way, it would almost be like pretending you are there already.

I think the 90 day subscription works to the advantage of those who can return to the parks within that time as well as those with lengthy trips to other places prior to Anaheim.

Although I haven't used MouseWait and can't try it out due to the type of phone I have (no apps) I would recommend avoiding using it for your own pleasure. Have fun and be carefree when there and enjoy who you are with, maybe chat with someone else in line and enjoy meeting people. Don't bury yourself in electronics when there is so much going on around you. Look at the details around you. Wait times are already posted right in front of the line! They are also updated on the Information "Wait Board" near the entrance of Adventureland. Pretend you don't have a phone unless you need to use its camera or text someone you have separated from in order to keep in contact.

I may get flack from MouseWait users, but I think it is so sad to see this. On the other hand, preplanning with something like Ridemax and gathering info and schedules before hand makes so much sense for an August trip. Even daydreaming is helpfull. Once you get there, though, just have fun and loosen up.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
NJ
Level Contributor
925 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

OK I'll get the Ridemax thing this week. I'll probably download MouseWait on to DH's phone to keep him distracted. My husband, as much as I love him, can be an overgrown child when it comes to lacking patience.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

Liked your last post. Always bring a toy for the kiddies. : )

Luv2teachK
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: when to buy Ridemax subscription?

I purchased the 1 year subscription for ridemax, and it will only let you enter info with 1 month. So my plans to play with options for our christmas trip won't be possible until thanksgiving time.