We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
477 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

Hey,

We are coming from Vancouver, Canada to visit Anahiem at the end of September, We are staying one block from Disneyland. We plan to spend some time at Disneyland and some time at the outlet malls nearby. I was wondering about good and quick places to eat near the area.

Places that good and quick. Not fine dining. I mean both the options of good and quick cafes and places that are almost like fast food. I am even up to listening to fast food places.

I expect all of our meals will be quick as we plan to spend as much time as possible on the rides of disneyland. Also spend some time shopping.

By the way when people go to Disneyland for the day, do they usually eat meals in the park or maybe go outside to all the restuarants nearby.

I have a feeling food at Disneyland is very over-priced.

Thanks in advance.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

My view is you're at the park, you may as well save time and eat there. Is it overpriced? Yeah, somewhat but it's to be expected when you're at a theme park. (For that matter, try to find cheap food at a ball game or an airport.)

You can check out menus and prices at allearsnet.com and mostly I thought the portions were good sized. I like both the French Quarter and the Carnation and the Hungry Bear was unexpectedly nice for fast food.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

Most people who go to Disneyland for one day eat inside the park and often at a favorite spot. Some bring in a sandwich and/or snacks. I think most people bring in some kind of snack. I like to take an apple and last time I also brought a bag of M&Ms Peanuts (regular size) because I have a thing for them this summer, for some reason.

I always eat lunch in the park and 99% of the time it has been at the French Market in New Orleans Square, where I can hear live jazz music and enjoy the outdoor views. It's actually been a tradition of mine to enjoy jambalaya there every time I go, since the 1970's and I think they are making it even better now than back in the day, although it has always been good. This past July and August I spent a Saturday in the park each month and decided to save money on soda, I would bring in a bottle (plastic). I carried it in my backpack until lunch and asked for a cup of ice when I ordered. Lunch cost me approximately $14 total including tax. That was reasonable as it was for a big plate of food and a cornbread roll, which kept me full for hours. The servers give a free cup of water from the soda dispenser upon request, which is another way to get out of paying nearly $3 for a soda. (Tip: If you decide to carry a soda in your backpack, wrap it in a plastic bag. When you go to open it, wrap the bag around the bottle, top first right side up, and unscrew to top carefully. Any soda that may squirt should flow be covered by the bag. But, look out for Dr. Pepper, they tend to really squirt out far.)

For the past few years, I have brought in a sandwich for my dinner, or second meal, and a bottle of water. I either carry that in my backpack of store it in a locker ($7 fee). I like doing that because by that time I am usually rushed because of nightime entertainment and don't want to take the time to order food. I find a nice place to sit and eat, such as the Jolly Holiday outside tables.

Last Christmastime I actually entered DL around 2 p.m. and was lucky that I packed a sandwich and bottle of water because all the restaurants were full up - it was a very busy day with a special event at night and there was light rain. I did finally find a table where I could sit and eat.A few hours later I ended up in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon, wanting to get warm and dry and was able to walk right up to order with no line! Yummy chilli bread bowl - less than $10.

There is a variety of food available inside the park at various costs. I would never leave the park when visiting for one day. There is good food in nice settings, sometimes with entertainment, and reasonable prices. You can look at menu choices and prices at www.allears.net under Disneyland Dining. The listings are updated regularly.

Note that people who go to the parks for more than one day on their visit sometimes leave the park for a meal, as they have more time.

For food choices in the area where you are staying please post the name of your hotel.

Edited: 10 September 2013, 09:17
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

Maybe try johnny rockets located at the block of orange when shopping. The earl of sandwich sounds like a lot of food for price. Located in downtown Disney. For room delivery Marie Italian. In Disney land the Mexican food is fun and filling at rancho del zocal. Try a dole whip by the tiki lounge also - so yummy! In Disney California Land the pacific warf is a nice experience if you like fresh sourdough bread. Giradelli chocolate Sunday for $9 is totally worth it. Try looking up mouse ears web sight for menus.

Level Contributor
34,246 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

Bengal BBQ has very good food, located by the Enchanted Tiki Room. We like to get Dole Whips to go with our meal there. It's fun to try at least one place to eat while in the park. Have fun! :)

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,913 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

Most of the restaurants near Disneyland, unless chain fast food, have prices not far off from Disney itself. Try using maps.google.com or a fast food finder app if you have a smart phone and then you can find places near where you'll actually be when you're not in the park. There's no "quick" way to get food near the park once you're inside the park.

Some chains that have healthier and quicker foods. There's a Subway near the corner of Harbor and Katella, for example (doesn't get much cheaper or faster than that). But, most of the chain outlets I like (Sharky's for example) are not near the park. Or near the outlets. Both the park and the outlets make money off of selling food, of course, so chain fast food is not right on their properties.

The intersection of Katella and Euclid has a quartet of fast food joints (Burger King, Flame Broiler, McDonald's and Carl's; hamburgers and french fries galore). But this isn't fast if it's not near where you're staying.

f you are staying on Harbor, there are a series of restaurants, including another McDonald's and a Pizza Press. There's an IHOP. McDonald's and Pizza Press are cheaper than Disneyland, but the lines can be as long as inside the park. Comparing burgers to burgers, though, yes, McDonald's (at an average price of $6-7 for a burger, fries and drink) is cheaper and probably faster (this particular McDonald's gets very crowded). You'd pay $8-9 for the same deal in Tomorrowland. The quality in Tomorrowland is better, in my opinion, but that's just opinon. In that same stretch on Harbor there are Mimi's and Millie's (sit down restaurants), I cannot say they are fast and they are not all that cheap. Mimi's does offer online ordering and pickup, though (so can be fast).

You can find all this on maps.google.com Hopefully you're staying on Harbor, and if you are okay with pizza and burgers (or IHOP), it will be fast enough and cheaper by 10-15% below the parks.

At any rate, nothing is quick if you have to wait in a drive-through for 15 minutes after driving for 10 and then go back 10 minutes and then repark your car. Only you can know whether driving to Taco Bell - or even further afield for better outlets - will work.

Since no one knows exactly where you are staying or how far you want to drive, we can only suggest the names of some of the cheaper chains that are not strictly fast food (these are in the larger area but no way would be considered really quick):

Rubio's and Sharky's

Panda Express

Daphne's

On the other side of Interstate 5, there are way more places near the Anaheim Town Center/Promenade area. I would not regard going over to the other side of the freeway as "quick." They are closer than the three I just mentioned and include

Marina Café

Tokyo Teriyaki

K & A Downtown

and several others.

Are they cheap? Cheaper than eating at a sit-down place inside the parks, probably, but not by a whole lot. You get more food for the price point, than at Bengal BBQ, but larger portions may not be your goal.

I have a feeling you're not adding in supply and demand. People pay more for food at Disneyland to get the "quick" and "convenient" (and "fun") part of their equation. The only places that compete in terms of quickness/price are fast food (and only McDonald's is really close by - it is not as quick as other McDonald's because lots of people stay in motels nearby and use it as their main food source). To get in your car and drive a couple of long city blocks, park, and then go into a different fast food outlet in order to get, say, Carl's instead of McDonald's, well, that's possible. To drive to Anaheim's center (past the 5) and then back, with all the stoplights, is not quick - and it is only marginally cheaper. For example, a plate of spaghetti that might cost around $11 in the parks will be $8.75 or something like that. There's more variety if you drive away from the parks, but to most people, their time at Disney is not only precious, but they want to relax, and there's nothing relaxing about trying to find your way to Fullerton to eat at an inexpensive chain like Daphne's (whose food is definitely not bad), in order to save maybe $8 for two people.

Turkey legs, skewers from Bengal BBQ, noodles in California Adventure (about $6-7 not including beverage), clam chowder in California Adventure, etc., are all relatively cheap and much faster if you're already at the parks. Even people on tight budgets often end up preferring the quality of the Disney food over IHOP or McDonald or Pizza Press, quite frankly. But you can see reviews on Google and make up your own mind.

If you're really worried about pricing in the parks, get the refillable coffee on Main Street, don't drink soda, take a refillable water bottle with you and by doing that, you'll basically make up the difference in price between fast food inside and outside the park. Pizza inside the park is not expensive (and it's more health conscious, Disney's menus have undergone a major revamp and turkey burgers, non-greasy pizza, and other health options are everywhere, whereas McDonald's and IHOP - or Mimi's - are not going to provide that). The jambalaya at New Orleans square seems way healthier than a similar meal at Mimi's. Plus, at the Disney places where there is no table service (many of them), you don't have to tip.

Redlands Redhead's suggestions about bringing in sandwiches (be discrete) are really your only way to combine cheap and quick.

The outlets specialize in providing fast options:

http://www.citadeloutlets.com/directory

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,560 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

I think the newer Pizza Press across from Disneyland has great Pizza! I would prefer that rather than in the Park somewhere.

However, It depends on how long you are staying at Disneyland for me. If its more than 2 or 3 days, I can only take the Counter Service or anywhere at Disneyland for about that long as theres not a whole lot of variety for the things we like. But I usually do eat inside the Park, you are usually too tired from already walking all around at Disneyland to spend about 10 more minutes depending on where you are located in the Parks walking outside of it to get something to eat and then back in again, even Downtown Disney often seems too far for me just to get something to eat. So... Imo I just budget extra to eat within the Park.

Heres few good threads for inexpensive dining at Disneyland Keep in mind prices may be a little higher now that its a few years father ahead

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k312607…

tripadvisor.com/…32961412

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

I'll add just a couple of clarifications.

The Bengal BBQ is across from the Jungle Cruise. (Close to the Enchanted Tiki Room, but not near it. There are stores in between.) It has a walk up window and a few tables and is popular. If you order there, try heading to the nearby Riverbelle Terrace restaurant's patio for more seating and a better, more relaxing view.

I hear Riverbelle Terrace makes a nice turkey sandwich, by the way.

The Market House on Main Street, regrettably, won't be giving free re-fills anymore. As of sometime in fall 2013 they will be selling Starbucks coffee. It is currently closed while being expanded. The Disneyana Shop has moved near the Opera House and Mr. Lincoln and also has a sketch artist inside. Disney is saying the Market House will still look like a general store, at least partially. The old stove, barrels, and old telephones will still be there.

If you have any Starbucks gift cards, I hear they will be accepted in the Market House.

Edited: 10 September 2013, 22:07
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,955 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

With the time involved to leave the park to go eat at someplace not on the property is not worth the dollar or two you might save.

The Bengal BBQ, Zocalo, Redd Rockets, French Market and Hungry Bear are all fine. Here are two sites that are great ones to look into. They have lots of great information.

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/dining/menus.cfm

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,243 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

Completely agree with the fact that you are doing so much walking around the park that you really don't want to try and walk in and out to get food as well. I don't even bother with the Park Hopper passes because I don't want to take on the extra walking and just limit us to the one park per day.

That being said, we had a couple of meals at Millie's, which is out front of the Fairfield Marriott. We found that we only needed three meals between the four of us and we just grazed off the different plates of food, and still had leftovers. We also had a meal at La Brea Bakery Cafe in Downtown Disney and that was good basic food. However, as noted, the food inside Disney isn't too bad really. There's lots of variety, so you need to browse the different menus to see what appeals to you. Note that PB&J is available at the Tomorrowland Terrace and there were hot dogs over in Mickey's Toon Town. This could have changed, but its good to know where to find these perennial favourites. Also note that kids eat free at the IHOP if you order before 5 pm.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,560 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good and quick places to eat near Disneyland??

I thought it was kids eat free at Ihop with a paying adult after 5pm? However, they do change with what they offer periodically, so its a good idea to check with the restaurant itself on Harbor Blvd before you visit.

Edited: 11 September 2013, 00:50