We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FastPass

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
645 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
FastPass

So I understand that DL is much more strict about the FastPass times now and you are only allowed to ride the ride within the hours indicated on the FastPass. Curious if anyone has used the FP system lately & how strict were the cast members about the timing?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,357 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FastPass

I was there in May, Fastpass return times were strictly enforced, perhaps a 10 to 15 min window if you have a good story for some Castmembers.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FastPass

Disney is being strict, more than likely due to plans to add additional features tot he FastPass program like at WDW, where staying at a Disney Owned Hotel will allow you to get more FastPasses and earlier than most guests, so they want to protect that "perk".

Portland, Oregon
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FastPass

When do you think these perks will happen?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,357 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FastPass

Welcome to the forums Julie P,

Things can fliter to Disneyland but usually take quite a while, I would not be expecting anything at Disneyland like that for a while. Theres no set date that Im aware of.

NJ
Level Contributor
767 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FastPass

DH & I often showed up 5-10 minutes early & we always had to wait on the side until the appointed time. We watched the gate keepers turn away people who were more than 5 minutes late telling them their fast passes expired.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FastPass

They are very strict :( have to be there in the time that it says! No later.

Its sad I used to come a little later, now I can't.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FastPass

I think it is fantastic! If you can't use it in the allotted time then don't get it at all.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FastPass

I agree galaga_girl,this way makes it fairer for everyone. People used to just collect them and use them when they pleased, I think this will now hopefully stop people getting them if they know they wont be able to return at the correct time and make more available for those who can use them.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,357 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FastPass

I cant say I noticed any improvement with the new Fastpass measures as far as I could see, pretty much the same.

10. Re: FastPass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:22