We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

We have 3 teenagers, and usually stay at an onsite Disney resort, but are going at Christmas and it's too $$$. Looking for a nice hotel, with a nice pool area to relax at while the kids tour the parks. Any suggestions?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,943 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

Your not going to find a Pool area around thats as nice as the ones staying onsite, so there really no comparison there to some of those Imo. And you are going to have to stay farther away to find something so you would likely need to take the shuttle in.

You can look at something like the Hilton which has Art Shuttle service as its a little farther walk of about 23 min or so, and has pretty recently redone thier pool area.

The Sheraton Park... is about a 15 min walk and has Art Shuttle service and a pretty nice pool area.

It really just depends on what you are specifically looking for, as we really cant know in this case what you think of as being a nice pool area except with comparison to the Disney owned Hotels, and your not likely to find that really.

It may be more helpful to you to look at this map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map. You can look through some of the nicer Hotels to see what you think of thier pool areas.

Some of the nicer Hotels you can look at.... Residence Inn Maingate, Peacock Suites, Anaheim Marriott, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree Guest Suites, Hyatt Regency Orange County ( a little farther down Harbor Blvd off the map)

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,007 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

The Hilton and Marriotts at the the convention center would be my picks for nicest hotel pools in walking distance.

Did you check Paradise Pier? Couldn't you find deals there?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

Not crazy about the rooftop pool at Paradise Pier. Looks like we might have to shorten the trip and stay a few nights at one of the Disney hotels. We have stayed at Grand Cal and Disneyland Hotel but over Christmas it's so expensive. I don't think there will be any deals going on then, bummmer!

Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

Does anyone have any feedback on the hotel ménage pool. I think they have music and a pool side bar that sells snacks. From the pictures it looks nice. The radisson in buena vista has a pretty pool in the middle of a court yard. The radisson has a free shuttle to DL and I think they have made to order omelette breakfasts. My sister in law always stays there even though it is about a 10 minute drive away.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,007 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

The Hotel Ménage pool area is great and fun for adults and families with teens. I don't know that it would be great with young children.

The Radisson in BP is also great, but I'd never stay there to visit Disneyland, only for Knott's & Soak City.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

The OP did say she had teenaged kids so possibly the Menage hotel is an option and is IMO within walking distance for a family with teens, paying extra for the ART shuttle everyday for a family of 5 ( need 5 adult tickets as kids are only to age of 9 ) soon eats up the savings of staying further away

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,943 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

There are plenty of other nice Hotels with nice Pool areas, but perhaps not nice enough for the OP when comparing them to the Disney owned Hotels. I dont think the pool at the Mirage is any more special than any of the Hotels mentioned. The walk up over the freeway is also kind of strange from that Hotel as its kind of isolated. I personally would not want to be walking back at night to that area. Ive stayed a little North of that area once, and I would not do so again. Hojos is as far North as I would feel comfortable walking. But thats JMO

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,007 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

There is nothing wrong with the Hotel Menage area at night.

9. Re: Nicest pool walking distance to Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:17