We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Will be staying at the Doubletree Guest Suites Anaheim (2085 S Harbor) November/December this year. Want to visit both Outlets at Orange and Westfield Mainplace. I know you can get there via the ART system but was wondering is there an OCTA bus route we can take too. I have attempted to find the route myself on the OCTA website, but I found it a little difficult to work out. I was looking for the simplest route, closest to the Doubletree if one exists. After looking at the ART website, it appears the transport to Mainplace is quite limited (if I read it correctly) which is why I am questioning OCTA routes. Any help/advice much appreciated. Regards.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,543 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

It's difficult to work out because there is no quick and easy route via OCTA.

Maps.google.com shows the public transit routes as follows:

a. From your hotel walk to the corner of Haster-Orangewood (11 minutes). Take the #47 bus marked "Balboa-23RD". Thirteen minutes later, get off at the corner of Lewis and Lampson. Walk to the Outlets at Orange mall (5 minutes).

There's a fair amount of walking via this route which could be cumbersome with shopping bags.

b. From the Outlets to Westfield: There are several routes which include either a lot of walking or two or three buses.

c. Westfield to the hotel: Same thing as b.: 1 bus with a fair amount of walking or multiple buses.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Thanks for the speedy reply. I thought as much. When I attempted to look it up I got multiple bus trips with no real direct route - thought maybe it was just me as I'm not super famliar with things. Problem is I am trying to avoid any excessive walking (I know that might seem strange considering I am spending many days in Disneyland and walking is what you do all day) but I have an intermittent leg/hip problem which I don't want to agitate too much - especially if carrying bags, etc. I will using the ART as much as possible for trips back and forth from Hotel to Disneyland, Gardenwalk etc. Was just curious if a simpler route existed - but based on your reply it seems I am out of luck. Thanks.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

OK, the best options... To the Westfield MainPlace, either walk to the main Disneyland Entrance, or take the OCTA Route 43/543 bus north from your hotel to the main Disneyland Entrance.

OCTA Route 83 leaves from under the Monorail track (Southbound) or you can also catch it at the corner of Harbor and Katella. That stops right in front of the Main Place mall. (If you walk, it is the south east corner of the Harbor/Katella intersection).

For The Outlets at Orange, head south down Harbor (OCTA Route 43/543) to Chapman avenue and then take the OCTA Route 54 to the Outlets. (East).

Also, FYI, the ART Day Passes are accepted on OCTA and visa versa, so no need to buy the other systems ticket.

If you want to head to the Main Place with the least walking from the DoubleTree, take the OCTA 43/543 north (cross the street) to Katella, then use the traffic light to cross south, and catch the 83 heading east on Katella to MainPlace. (The stop is in front of an empty lot that is under construction.)

For the Outlets, it is the 43/543 southbound (same side of the street as the DoubleTree) to Chapman, where you get off the bus, cross at the main light east, and catch the 54 on eastbound on Chapman in front of a liquor store.

gold coast,australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Hi, not sure if this service leaves from doubletree, but when we stayed at the Hyatt regency we caught the OC trolley to the outlets at Orange, it was a free service.

gold coast,australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Hi, not sure if this service leaves from doubletree, but when we stayed at the Hyatt regency we caught the OC trolley to the outlets at Orange, it was a free service.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Thanks everyone for your input. Your suggestions DarkBeer sound quite do-able and minimise the walking. Now that I have the route numbers I will check them out on the OCTA site just to get my bearings. Thanks again - much appreciated.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,665 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Just so your aware, its only about 2.4 miles from the Doubletree to the Outlets at orange, and only about 3.8 miles to the Westfield Mainplace. So, its likely to not be very expensive to just take cab which would save you some time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Hi OzTraveller067,

I just wanted to add our personal experience to the comment made by Darkbeer about being able to use the ART tickets on OCTA buses and visa versa. We visited DLR in April of this year and travelled via ART bus down to the Target store on S Harbor. We bought quite a lot of items and so decided to use the OCTA bus to travel back towards DLR and our hotel as the bus stop was closer than the ART stop. We boarded the bus and showed the driver our ART passes. He told us they were not valid on OCTA buses. However, he asked if we were going to DLR and let us travel for free.

So, in theory, you may be able to use ART passes on OCTA buses, but I don't think all drivers know that. We didn't try to use them again on OCTA, we just stuck to the ART buses.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

Thanks for that info re ART & OCTA passes. I have read that each transport system will honour the other's ticket, but I did read that it is only valid where they share the same stop? Not coming from the area, that is going to be difficult to work out which are ART stops, which are OCTA and which service both. I intended to buy the 15 day ART pass that is available, and use that predominantly - maybe occasionally using the OCTA system. We rode OCTA Route 43 to Fullerton in December 2011, but now I am unsure whether my ART pass will let me travel on that route and back, or whether it will require a separately purchased OCTA ticket. I know we are only talking about a couple of dollars each way (there are 3 of us), but of course if you are able to access both systems with just one ticket - then I would rather save those extra few dollars. Not sure of cab prices in the area, but as mentioned by HapptoTrip, that may be a more direct, time saving option and if it's not too much, may be worthwhile using.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,707 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OCTA from Doubletree to Wfield Mainplace & Outlets at Orange

I'd use the Google Maps public transportation over the OCTA site, it is 10x easier.

http://goo.gl/maps/FlOJO

Get answers to your questions about Anaheim