We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Davis, California
Level Contributor
349 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Is there a way to get from the South Bay (Torrance, Redondo Beach etc) to Disneyland via public transportation or is there a shuttle service at a nearby hotel?

Some friends of the family are coming into town form Australia, they will not have access to a car and no one can drive them and back to Anaheim. Would greatly appreciate any leads on non-driving ways to get to Disneyland.

Sorry if this questions is a repeat.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

I think your best option is likely to be a private shuttle, thats likely to cost around $100 or so one way, but may end up being less expensive than other options and would give a door to door service. Karmel Shuttle, Zippy Shuttle, Super Shuttle ect all offer a private shuttle along with thier regular shuttle service if you contact them directly. They may also give a little better rate with a roundtrip

If they have smaller children that would need Car Seats, then Zippy Shuttle I have heard offers those upon prearrange request.

Unless someone can come up with some better options for you.

Edited: 19 October 2013, 22:22
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Another option is to get to LAX (someone give them a ride, bus or cab) and take the Disneyland Express graylineanaheim.com/docs/DRE%20Brochure.pdf

Davis, California
Level Contributor
349 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Thanks. They have a 6 year old and a 9 year old. I don't think 6 year olds need car seats but don't know for sure. The LAX shuttle might be an option. It's about $50 to LAX by taxi so that would be $100 round trip instead of $200. Thanks for the input so far, if anyone has other ideas, still open to it.

4. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 16:41
5. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 16:47
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Sorry, Im having trouble editing my post which is why I removed some of my other posts.

Not really sure where you are looking for pricing. It looks like it would be $92 Roundtrip on the Disneyland resort Express for 2 adults and 2 children, plus the Cab fare of $100 roundtrip ( so $192 total) which you would need to be careful of since Cabs dont offer a flat fee. So...if you get caught in any kind of traffic that will add to the fee which could be close to the same cost as a shuttle.

Its good to look at all the options. I might check with the private shuttle service just to see what they may offer for a roundtrip fare since that would be a flat fee.

Its possible that 6 year old might need a booster seat depending on how tall they are, as the requirements say they need to be at least 4' 9" or over 8 to not have to use one from what I understand.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Some taxi companies do have flat fares to some destinations.

You just need to price it all out. If they need to do $100 in taxis to and from LAX plus the DL Express, a private shuttle may be cheaper. Are they only going for 1 day?

Davis, California
Level Contributor
349 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Thanks all. My mom was able to find one with an $80 flat rate. I think it still might be better for them to rent a car though. Thanks for the advice.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Renting a car would for sure be the way to go. Another thought is instead of a taxi to LAX, take a taxi (or, perhaps, a bus depending exactly where their point of origin is) to the nearest station for the Green Line light rail train. Then if they take the Green Line I believe that the green Line and Metro Bus 460 meet up and Metro Bus 460 then goes to Disneyland. Potentially a bit cheaper depending on how many people. Also depending on point of origin there may be a bus from Torrance / Redondo that also meets up with Metro Bus 460, so might be a bit more direct that way.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportatio to Disneyland from the South bay without a car

Couldn't they also take the Disney Express Bus from LAX?