We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood forever

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Hollywood forever

I will be staying near Disney land. How far is it to Hollywood Forever cemetery? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood forever

30 miles

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood forever

Thanks. Also, we plan to go to a beach for a day. Which one is a good choice? We were thinking about Huntington beach.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood forever

Newport Beach is probably easiest from Disneyland. Balboa Beach (Balboa Island near Newport Beach) and the State Park just south of Newport (on the Pacific Coast Highway) are both very nice places for a day.

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood forever

Thanks for the info. Someone told me that there is a Dennys across the street from Disney. Is this true? Also, do know of any hotels near Disney that offer free shuttles to Disney?

Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood forever

There is a Dennys on Katella Ave which is the street behind CA/Timon Parking Lot. 10 mins walk from park (cut through the Grand Californian to make the walk shorter.

Seattle
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood forever

Are you looking for movie star graves? I have some web sites that give exact grave sites for most of L.A.'s cemeteries. If this is the case - don't miss the tiny cemetery in Westwood.

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hollywood forever

Yes, we are looking for movie stars graves. Please tell me about the tiny cemetery in westwood. Where is it? How far from disney? Who is buried there? And yes, that would be wonderful if you can give me the web sites for finding the exact grave site for movie stars. Thanks a million.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hollywood forever

www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi… has the info about Westwood. It's a great tiny little place packed with celebs. Just strolling around and seeing who you happen upon is fun.

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hollywood forever

Thanks again for your help. But where is westwood? How far from Disney? Also someone told me that there is a Los Angeles pet cemetery where lots of stars buried their pets. Do you know of such a place? and if so, where is it?

Seattle
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hollywood forever

I just sent a long post - which disappeared.

The best web site is www.seeing-stars.com or just google Hollywood Memoria Park to get on the site. It lists a number of the cemeteries under the link "Where the Stars are buried.

Each cemetery is liosted with directions, who is buried there, and in some cased a detailed map of the location of the graves.

Pierce Bros Westwood Village at 1218 Glenton Ave. is probably the most compact and filled with more modern stars including Marilyn Monroe (in a wall crypt), Donna Reed, Dean Martin, Jack Lemon, George C. Scott, Eva Gabor, and many others. It is in the Westwood area - West Hollywood. The only entrance is on the west side from Glendon Ave. It is on a street behind Wilshire Blvd - neer Avco movie theaters. Copy the map from the website.

Hollywood Forever (used to be Hollywood Memorial PArk) at 6000 Santa Monica Blvd. Is easy to find. It is a much older cemetery - has Rudolph Valentino, Douglas Fairbanks, Nelson Eddy, Tyrone Power and many others. They are vey cooperative - and you can get a map from the flower shop at the entrance. - But - I would just copy the locations from the website.

Forest Lawn is very secretive - and will not give you locations once you get there. Again check out the map - there are several Forest Lawn locations.

The web site also gives other cems - including the Catholoic cems.

The main Pet Cemetery is the L.A. Pet Paek which is in West L.A. in teh little suburb of Calabasas - just off the Hwy 101 - the sign is visible from the freeway. Just wander around - not sure how cooperative - but the staffers note that "the owners want their privacy" There are regular tombstones with owners names including "Pussy Cat" beloved dog of the Morey Amsterdams. A Rudolph Valentino's doberman (haunted site) and Hopalong Cassidy's horse Topper.

I've been to these about 20 years ago - but my camera broke and none of my pictures turned out - so I plan to revisit next May.