We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

Monterey Bay...
Level Contributor
882 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

I need to get my son from a college dorm in Orange to SNA early on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The normal shuttle contenders are about $80 + for a private short ride. I'm hesitant to do a taxi as I need something highly reliable. He's taking a mileage award flight on the busiest travel day of the year, so he only has ONE chance to catch it!

Anyone know of a car service which tends to run a little less? Sharing a shuttle with fellow classmates would be an optimal idea, but his flight is earlier than most departing. I also don't want to do a shared shuttle with other travelers as he needs to be on time....if not early. He can sleep at the airport.

Thank you!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

You can try Zippy shuttle which is usually less expensive. But...the issue usually is that cheap doesnt necessarity mean best. For Best, I would suggest Karmel Shuttle which has a good reputation with hardly any complaints compared to alot of other shuttle companies.

Can you tell us the College that they would be comming from to get to SNA?

Monterey Bay...
Level Contributor
882 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

Zippy was $80. I'll get a quote from Karmel Shuttle today. I'm familiar with Super and Prime Time and I don't think they make the 100% reliable grade.

I'm narrowing it down to "money is no object" as I just need to get him on the plane. He's coming from Chapman and their free holiday shuttle service starts to late in the morning for him to use it.

Thank you for the Karmel suggestion.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

Is there anyone to give him a ride to the Disneyland Hotel? Then he can ride the Disneyland Resort Express to SNA for $33 round trip or $24 one way. They start at 6AM in the morning.

graylineanaheim.com/docs/DRE%20Brochure.pdf

He could even cab from Chapman. (to the hotel that is)

Edited: 12 November 2013, 22:27
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,889 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

A taxi would cost half as much. I would contact a reliable taxi company the morning before and book it. Then, call again, in the evening and confirm the taxi for the following morning. Imo, you have little to worry about. It's a drive of less than 15 minutes. A 'car service' isn't going to be a big benefit.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

Depends though on what time of day that may be how much a Cab may cost. If its during early morning rush hour, it could take quite a bit longer, and a cab will charge extra usually for that extra time.

Monterey Bay...
Level Contributor
882 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

Karmel came in at about the same as Zippy....$! more.

Taxi would be cheaper, but it will be during commute hours. I've been stuck in to many "quick, little" LA drives to have great worry about it. He may get to the curb $300 later :).

OC Town Car was $55, which I think is fair considering the distance. Unless a local thinks this business is unreliable, they are my people! It was $10 more due to the hour of the day....commute time.

Edited: 13 November 2013, 00:17
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

The route from Chapman University to John Wayne Airport is almost all on the 55 freeway and carpool lanes, so pretty much drive from the University to the freeway, and then use the carpool lane to the special John Wayne Airport exit.

And should be that bad early in the AM, seems like the traffic flows more in the other direction.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,652 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

What time is the flight?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

Did you call Prime Time and Super Shuttle?

10. Re: RELIABLE car/shuttle service and cheap :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:20