We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tax on DL tickets

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
824 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tax on DL tickets

I just tried purchasing tickets on a work related website that offers me $25.00 off 3 day park hoppers. However when I went to check out there was over $100.00 worth of taxes. (for 6 tickets) Then I went online at Disney's website to try to purchase them through Disney. I'm not interested in signing up for an account giving them personal information just to see what my total will be. Does anyone know if there are separate taxes with the tickets even through Disney.com.

Thanks

L

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tax on DL tickets

Well, yea, you have to pay the standard California sales tax plus what ever extra Orange County and Anahiem add. Chuck.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tax on DL tickets

There is no tax charged on Disneyland Resort tickets or tickets for any other Southern California attraction. I know of one that charges a service fee on line. What you report is unusual and sounds strange.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 03:04
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tax on DL tickets

From the MouseSavers website: "On the Disney site the tax is added to the price during the ordering process, which is why the prices look lower than the prices below. Sales tax of 6.5% is charged regardless of where you buy the tickets." Chuck.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,225 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tax on DL tickets

On the Disneyland.com website, you dont have to set up an account, when it asks you in the Checkout process to either create an account or to sign up for one, you just click on where it says "cancel" That does not cancel the transaction, just that you dont want to set up an account, and then you can proceed to checkout.

Tickets on the Disneyland.com website prices are exactly what they appear to be, taxes are already figured into the price of the ticket. Unless you are wanting them to send them to you or express them to you ect, thats an added fee. There are no added fees if you are using the print tickets at home option. If you want actual tickets sent to you or are using will call, then theres an extra fee for that. I dont know if this will post or not, but heres what it looks like at checkout for a 1 day ticket.

https:/…

As far as your tickets through a work related site, you may have to get help with that from where you work or the website itself. That seems like hefty fees added on.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 03:43
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tax on DL tickets

I believe the information that Mousesavers published regarding taxes on tickets applies to Walt Disney World tickets. In the State of California tickets for attractions and shows are not taxed. Florida may have different laws. Our taxes are much higher than 6.5%.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 03:48
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tax on DL tickets

So the MouseSavers website is not correct when it says : "On the Disney site the tax is added to the price during the ordering process, which is why the prices look lower than the prices below. Sales tax of 6.5% is charged regardless of where you buy the tickets." Chuck.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tax on DL tickets

When I looked, it did not say that under Disneyland Resort section but it said something similar under the Walt Disney World section.

I suggest the OP make sure they are looking at DLR tickets. Or ask others at work.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 04:10
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,225 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tax on DL tickets

Ive purchased tickets online on the Disneyland.com website many times. The price is including any Tax, there are no added costs other than what I have already mentioned. The info on Mousesavers is most likely as said for WDW tickets.

The Disneyworld.com website does clearly show they add a tax when purchasing ticket on the WDW website, so that may be the info being reffered to by Mousesavers

Perhaps Chuck can post the link where they found the info on Mousesavers

Edited: 18 November 2013, 04:21
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tax on DL tickets

If DLR tickets include tax, it must be the seller tax they are passing on to the buyer through the price of the ticket (i.e. Disney needs to pay a tax to the State of California as a seller). It would not be a sales tax that the buyer pays that is included because buyers are exempt from paying taxes on tickets in CA. That is the way I understand it.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tax on DL tickets

You guys are right! That information I posted is for Walt Disney World online ticket purchases. So. What was the extra $100 the OP was asking about? Chuck.