We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Klang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

Hi , I am planning to stay nearby Disneyland and also shopping at The Outlets at Orange.

Since I am not driving , I need a hotel whoich is convenient to take ART or shuttle/taxi.

Can someone provide me some info which hotel will be a better choice ? I am travelling with 2 kids and 2 adults . thank you so much....

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,456 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

These two Hotels are bascially right near each other, so you could just pick which one you liked best. The Hilton is more of a business type of Hotel as its right next to the Convention Center, while the Doubletree is a little farther away from the Convention Center and is also nice and both are well rated.

So you can see where things are located. Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Unless you are specifically needing a Hilton Brand Hotel, there would be lots of other options, a few of which are in closer walking distance to Disneyland such as the Residence Inn Maingate ( offers free full breakfast, and some weeknight light suppers, and full kitchens) Red Lion, or Sheraton Park Hotel. All of these are nicer Hotels within about a 15 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into either Park and offer Art Shuttle service.

More basic Hotels such as Howard Johnsons ( an 11 min walk) or the Fairfield Inn ( about an 8 min walk) would be even closer to Disneyland.

The closest are standard Motel, some well rated which are very convenient to visiting Disneyland since they are directly across the street from the Disneyland Main Entrance. So it really depends on what you may be looking for.

Standard Motels are the closest to the Disneyland Main Entrance

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

The two hotels are not next to each other. HTT is posting about the Hilton, not the Doubletree. The Doubletree is in Orange and by the Outlets. The Doubletree Suites is closer to DL (and to the Hilton talked about in post 1). The question is how many days will/how much time will you spend at DL vs. the outlets? Why these two hotels? Why these 2 specific hotels?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,456 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

Wow, sorry about that...I need to wake up more before I post :)

For some reason I thought the OP was asking about the Hilton and Doubletree.

As said, the Doubletree Guest Suites near the Convention Center is going to be much better for visiting Disneyland as you can see from the Map posted. The other Doubletree is not that near to Disneyland.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,285 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

Despite the fact that the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Anaheim - Orange County is across the street from the Outlets at Orange I'd still pick the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center that is at Harbor & Orangewood.

It is still easy to the outlets and much, much easier for Disneyland.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

The DoubleTree Hotel at Chapman and The City Drive (actually in Orange) is walking distance to the Outlets at Orange and they have their own shuttle to the Disney Parks (or at least they did a few years ago). The DoubleTree Suites on Harbor in Anaheim is walking distance from the parks but on the ART Bus route that goes to the Outlets.

Klang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

Thanks..We will be staying for 3 nights in Anaheim . We plan to go for 2 day hopper at Disneyland and CA . In the night, we plan to go for shopping and dining at Westfield Main Place and The Outlets at Orange for both day. There is no reson why I prefer Doubletree Harbour or Doubletree City Drive . It just so happen that the reviews for both hotels are above average.

As we are not driving , hence we wold prefer a hotel convenient for Theme park and shopping by ART , shuttle or taxi..I am trying to contact Doubletree at City drive but they do not have email address for communication purpose.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,456 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

Its likely going to be more convenient for you with visiting Disneyland part of your trip to stay close to Disneyland. And if you are not set on a Doubletree, I would suggest taking a look at the Hotesl in walking distance mentioned in my post. They all do have the Art Shuttle service as well, but its nice to be close enough to walk if you want to for Disneyland, or if you dont want to wait for the Shuttle.

The area right around Disneyland also has a special feel to it Imo since its close to Disneyland. I would pick a Hotel thats closer just for that feel. But everyone is different in what they want to do.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

This is from the Doubletree (Chapman) 's website -- The DO have a shuttle to Disneyland:

<<Enjoy a complimentary shuttle to Disneyland® Park, DoubleTree cookies on arrival, and a warm welcome always.>>

9. Re: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel or Doubletree Suites Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 06:19