We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Californian disney touches

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Californian disney touches

In reading reviews about GC it seems like the hotel may have no signs of Disney. Is it true that the only Disney symbol is the Bambi shower curtain? No Disney shampoo, soap etc like at Disney World hotels? I find it hard to believe that the hotel would have no signs of Mickey or other characters anywhere in the lobby, rooms etc. Can anyone tell me more about this. Thanks!

Edited: 04 January 2014, 14:44
Seattle
Level Contributor
314 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Californian disney touches

No, you won't find disney-themed items in the hotel rooms or halls (however, there is a "hidden Mickey" if you look carefully at the carpet). The theme is strictly craftsman-style decor, but they do have a TV in the lobby for small kids which play Disney cartoons, a Piano player, and large fireplace with comfy chairs for hanging out and reading books. There's also a gift shop with Disney merchandise (among other sundry items). But, there's no doubt you're at Disneyland with all the staff wearing the old-fashion Victorian outfits and Downtown Disney just steps away.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,691 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Californian disney touches

Yes thats pretty much true, however, you can get things delivered to your Hotel room before you arrive for a special occasion ect that are Mickey Themed.

https:/…

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Californian disney touches

The Disneyland Hotel is much more Disney themed. In fact, when it was renovated most recently, the grounds were designed to bring the themes of Disneyland Park over to the hotel. There is even topiary bushes in the shape of Mickey, Minnie, and (if I remember correctly) Pluto. In the guestrooms, the headboards have a map of Disneyland and can be lit up to look like fireworks over the park.

I like the feeling of the Grand Californian, though. It is more of an adult hotel. I would have trouble choosing between the two if I had the money. I am not put off by the long way to the DLH from the park.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 03:39
Level Contributor
35,233 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Californian disney touches

With small children I would go with The Disneyland Hotel. Goofy's Kitchen is there also where we enjoyed the character breakfast last month. :).

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Californian disney touches

More of a lodge-theme than a Disney theme. Some nice touches in the lobby, but if you were blindfolded and put in a room, you'd think you were in a Holiday Inn. Well, until the monorail goes by. We stayed there last year (reviewed) and it's pretty clear that you're paying for the convenience and location.

6. Re: Grand Californian disney touches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:17