We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

Sacramento...
10 posts
Save Topic
Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

Hi,

I'm planning our Disneyland trip and am looking for a good dog friendly hotel. Our dog is little-- 10 pounds. I've stayed at Hotel Menage before but never with a dog. Their pet rate is $25 a day. Looks like the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel has decent rates and the pet rate is $25 per stay, which is definitely reasonable.

Does anyone have any experience/feedback to share regarding staying at either of these places with a dog? Also open to hearing about other dog friendly places, of course.

Thank you!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,940 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

Heres a list from Trip Advisor for pet friendly Hotels which should be helpful to choose from. Of the ones on this list Sheraton Park, Red Lion, Residence Inn Maingate would all be in about a 15 min walk and have Art Shuttle service for a small fee per person and would be the ones I would consider for Hotels.The Sheraton Park Hotel would be the nicest Hotel of the ones mentioned.

Extended stay America Orange County Convention, and the Anaheim Plaza, would both be standard Motels, the Anaheim Plaza being clean but very basic would be the closest to the Disneyland Main Entrance at a 9 min walk about.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g29092-Anaheim_Califo…

Edited: 20 January 2014, 21:46
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

FYI, Extended Stay America is not a standard Motel, but a Hotel that offers a kitchen in the room.

While I like to describe it like a Motel 6 (also dog friendly) but nicer with a kitchen and a flat screen TV, and a very basic breakfast.

Sacramento...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

Cool, thank you! Willl look into them... also found that Hotel Indigo is pet friendly.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
840 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

La Quinta is pet friendly. And they don't charge extra. We always use them when we travel with our dog. I know it's not close, so you'd have to look into the ART shuttle.

L

Sacramento...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

Hi, I stayed at La Quinta back in 2008 but it was kind of quirky... have you stayed there recently?

gold coast,australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

Hyatt regency is too!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
840 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

I have never stayed at the La Quinta in Anaheim. Maybe someone who has stayed there recently can give you some insight. good luck

L

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,940 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

The La Quinta is not very well rated, and hasnt gotten any better in ratings since your visit it appears....

Seattle
Level Contributor
320 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

I've stayed at several La Quinta Inns in various cities and they can be very different. Some have doors that face outside others have doors in the interior of the hotel down hallways. The last La Quinta I stayed at was in Texas and it was like staying at a Doubletree hotel. My point being, they are all different and you'll have to check them all out on TripAdvisor before deciding in staying or not. Almost everyone I've stayed at allowed pets, so that is an option. Good luck!

10. Re: Traveling with dog, contemplating hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:21