We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

What ride did your 4 year-old enjoy the most? Our son will be tall enough for most of the rides, but just because he is tall enough doesn't necessarily mean he will want to go on all of them. Which was your child's favorite ride (at both parks)?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

Well, my nephew liked Pirates, the train, come to think about it, there were none he didn't like. Of course we didn't take him on the obviously scary, dark or grown up rides. Does that help? Chuck.

california
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

I was 4 for my first trip to Disneyland and I had two clear favorites, It's A Small World & Pirates of the Caribbean

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,759 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

My four year old great nephew liked the Astro 0rbiter the best. For some reason he even was attacted to it when we were standing near the entrance to Adventureland and he saw it in the distance. He got to ride it at night, which was probably even better than day. This ride normally takes a long time to board, but they got in line sometime near when the fireworks started, so less people I guess.

When we went on Pirates, we met up with another family we know, and the kids all had a lot of fun talking like a pirate while in line.

Edited: 21 January 2014, 03:16
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
440 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

When our daughter was 4 her favourite ride was, in her words, "The Dancing Dolly Boat Ride" aka It's a Small World. She also loved Dumbo. Our son's favourite ride at four was the Casey Jr Train, specifically the cage at the back.

London
Level Contributor
234 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

I feel all emotional when I think about taking my 4 year old girls on It's a Small World for the first time when we are at DL in May. I still remember it from when I was a little girl.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

gosh...it's a small world is memerable but shooooot that song stays in your mind forever. i'll never go on it again. pirates of the carribbean is great. for kiddy rides...i love peter pan. for adventurous...if he doesn't mind the dark...i love space mountain.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,759 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me." Now that is a song that sticks with you! I find myself absent mindedly humming it at times. It comes out of the blue! I don't know if I should take that as a signal that I need to go back to Disneyland.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 00:39
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,994 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

At four, they liked Casey Journey, Storybookland, Small World, Peter Pan and Dumbo. Dumbo was actually a favorite from age 2 to about 6, then, sadly, Pirates took over. I mean, I love Pirates, but it was sad to see Dumbo relegated to like 10th place after being *so* popular. Happily, they love Dumbo again now that they're grown up.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

My four year olds favorite ride is the one she last went on:)

that being said, she loves space mountain, splash mountain, it's a small world, Alice in wonderland, the tea cups(barf!), Peter Pan and pirates. She also loves the roller coaster In Toon town, which is a short ride but very fun. At California adventure, she loves all the rides in cars land, ariel, jumping jellyfish(most boring ride in the world) and my favorite, tower of terror. She is always the youngest on tower of terror, so ride it first before you take anyone under 15. It's scary.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,311 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parents: Your 4 year-old's favorite ride?

What does he like at other amusement parks? Every kid is different and you know him best. The 3 yr old boy in our group loved anything that was driving related or trains. We knew this from other parks experiences. He loved Autopia, the Mater float car thing ( forgot name), DL train, Casey Jr. Indifferent to Pirates and had meltdowns on the carousel and some of the dark rides.