We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

Hi,

I am wondering has anyone been. Did they have any Disneyland resort deals? I am 1 1/2 hrs away and don't want to go if there is not.

Also wondering what airfares were avail?

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

I have found the deals offered at the last few expo's to not be very good , have picked up better deals during non expo specials . Bought tickets last July for this April for $200 per person cheaper than if I had waited for the " expo special deal " in August , and have never seen any Disney tickets being sold as a stand alone, only part of a package with accommodation and airfare at the shows.

Air New Zealand recently had a good priced package to the Disney resort , not sure when that was available for or when the special ended , you may want to have a look though.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 05:10
Sydney
Level Contributor
24 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

Hi there,

No really good deals - the Sydney one had a Disney information booth about the all the parks world wide and about the cruises. I did manage to get a few of their planning DVD's though.

I got my fares for September at the expo time but with Qantas - a lot cheaper by getting Flight centre to price match then getting their apparent "special" fares. Virgin and Qantas both had similar priced fares to LAX.

Save yourself the long drive.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

ring them up, alot will offer the specials online or over the phone

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

I have my fares I purchased with Air NZ last month for $1000 return in Aug. I was told to perhaps wait for th expo .

I have sent an email off to my flight centre guy to see if he can get me any deals on my accom.

I think I will save myself that drive.

Thanks!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

I organised my air nz flights at around that price before last expo. Didn't want to take risk they wouldn't be so cheap. I'm so glad because that haven't been that cheap since and friends that went to expo got more expensive fares. The cheaps ones they have are only a certain amount and gone early

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

There are very few "real" deals at these expos anymore and the Air NZ price you have is good.

I would book accommodation direct not through FC.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

Qantas now price match hotel deals and escape travel have price matched all my activities. I found very cheap prices on internet but didn't want to be scammed so I checked with Escape and she was happy to price match, at least I got the good deals and know I can rely on not having my money taken and no vouchers!

for myself and my son I got 10 days in anaheim, airfares, 10 day DL pass, Universal, seaworld, legoland, shopping tour, 2x character breakfasts and airport transfers for just under $4000 by shopping around and taking back to her.

PM me if you want any links etc I also was able to get her to price match via email and sending her the links and I just had to Bpay the invoice, so that will save you a trip too

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

Flight Centre had a fantastic Anaheim deal about six weeks ago.

Can't remember the specifics off the top of my head, but it was really good.

Keep an eye on their website.

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

I was sent the Disney deals from flight centre, from expo, I don't really think they were deals . I have booked accom but am always looking out for deal and will do until the last minute lol :) 182 days to go!

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aussie friends, Any Disney Deals at the Travel Expo?

Get your best prices for hotels and then inform the hotel direct of the price and they will match it

I would always prefer to book direct with hotel rather than a third party,