We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night games in anaheim

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Night games in anaheim

My "boys" would like to see a night sports game

We will be in anaheim last week of october beginning of november

The 2 dads in our family group would love to see some american sports games, i know the baseball will be finished but is there anything else they can see

They are sports mad and would like to experience some good old american enthusiasm

Thanks

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night games in anaheim

The Anaheim Ducks, a member of he National Hockey League, season starts in early October (schedule is not yet released, and won't be until the summer). The Ducks currently have the best record in the League, and would be a fun event to attend, most home games start around 7 PM, and a short distance from Disneyland.

There is also a possibility of the Honda Center hosting a pre-season NBA Basketball game, once again, schedule is not yet released, need to wait until summer.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night games in anaheim

There are more basketball and ice hockey possibilities at Staples Center in downtown LA, about an hour train ride from Anaheim. Basketball and Hockey pre-season is just finishing at the end of October and the regular season starts right at the end of October or early November. Schedules are not announced yet for next October / November (probably will not be until mid-July).

Web sites to check for the schedules when they come out:

lakers.nba.com

clippers.nba.com

kings.nhl.com

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night games in anaheim

Why not College Football? Not much more American than an autumn College Football experience.

The two main teams out here are the UCLA Bruins and the USC Trojans. There are other teams around but those two put on the best experience and have the best opponents.

During your stay, of those two teams, the UCLA Bruins will play host to the University of Arizona at the Rose Bowl.

Yes, I know the Rose Boel is not in Anaheim but in Pasadena, an hour or so north of you. It's worth the drive though.

www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml…

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night games in anaheim

Ah, that brings up another good point, San Diego Chargers professional (NFL) football. They play in San diego, a bit under 2 hours from Anaheim by car, about 2 hours by train. Schedules for next October / November also not known yet but there's a chance they could be playing in San Diego while you are here.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night games in anaheim

thank you everyone for your quick replies

The boys would have loved baseball as they played when in primary school but unfortuneately the season will have finished

But I am sure they will be happy to see any games under lights (especially to have a break from the kids)

I am lucky as I am travelling to LA in August with a group of 13 to pick up a carnival cruise from LA to Sydney and we have purchased a private box for the Oakland A's and the Angels .. we are really excited at that but my boys are disappointed they wont see a game

But I will look at all your suggestions and about half way through the year start the search

6. Re: Night games in anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:21