We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Car parking

Hey guys,

Might be a stupid question but do the motels charge you for parking even if you don't have a car? Just booked a motel ( desert inn) and parking was automatically included in their fees!

Thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,224 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking

NO one charges for parking if you don't have a car BUT

YOUR motel is very strange as I went to the booking page and I see that it IS assessing a "parking " fee as a separate part of its pricing in addition to a "resort fee". I have never seen anything like it anywhere else.

I'd e-mail or call them because I'd not want to pay for parking if I didn't have a car.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking

It seems like more Hotels/Motels in the Anaheim are charging for parking. With things like Hotwire/Priceline becoming more popular, the add ons like parking, WiFi, etc. are becoming more common. The average charge in the are is about $10 to $15, but some places are still offering free parking. Something to look at when checking pricing.

Heck, places like Downtown LA, Santa Monica and Downtown San Diego can be over $40 for parking a night

But as stated above, No car should be no parking fee..

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,885 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking

I wouldn't stay at a place that charged me a parking fee upfront for a car I don't have AND charge me a resort fee on top and then have the audacity to tout a "free continental breakfast" as an amenity.

That is a very expensive "free" breakfast.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,225 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking

I wouldnt be concerned. Its probably just an add on thats automatically put in when you reserve online, since alot of people will have a Car. When you arrive simply tell them you dont have a car, and the will deduct that cost from your stay.

If you are concered about it ahead of time, why not just call them direct to book, or discuss your concerns. No big deal to me anyway.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,225 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car parking

Besides, that Motel does not charge you till you actually arrive. Just holds your credit info if you dont show up, ect. Those are the only kind of reservations that they make that I have seen on thier website. They dont have prepaid options, or special deals offered on thier website.

6. Re: Car parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:16